Interior lights and multifunction switch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HerronScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had an issue with the interior lights being on when they shouldn't be related to the multifunction switch? My wife just mentioned that she had them come on a couple times now when she's used the turn signal and yesterday I noticed they were on during the day. Playing with the interior light dimming didn't turn them off but when I turned the exterior lights on and off they went out. My wife indicated that they went off for her when she played with the turn signal portion of the switch.

If it is the switch, best to buy new? Or are there any fixes? Looks like $146 at the one place that I checked.

Scott

jeeptorino68

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2002 does this intermittently, usually during or after using the turn signal.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Somethings spooky if the interior light come on all on their own.
I leave my interior lights turned off at the stalk.
Even then, a few times the next morning the interior lights were on..
Hitting the lock button on key FOB immediately turned them off.
56697[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

Since yours may be related to the multi-function switch, get a new one.
I've been wondering in my Jeep if Casper has playing games, or the BCM is.

Attachments

• Casper%20Lighting_1.jpg
    Casper%20Lighting_1.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 0

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I would buy new, I got mine off some mopar site, will have to find the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are two types of Mutifunction Switch depending on if you have front fog lights or not.

Worth replacing with a new one...if that does not fix the problem then the fun starts!

HerronScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I would buy new, I got mine off some mopar site, will have to find the link.

There are two types of Mutifunction Switch depending on if you have front fog lights or not.

Worth replacing with a new one...if that does not fix the problem then the fun starts!

That price was from wholesalemopar.com and I think was something like $50 off list. We do have fog lights, but I'm not sure if the problem is worth $146 right now with only the 3 or so times that it's happened although she did say it was a bit of a shock when it happened at night (the rear interior light is a very bright LED).

Thanks!

Scott

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
best to make a habit of turning the interior lights off while driving.

Especially at night, it could be dangerous as it would be a huge distraction and with the cargo light on, you'll most likely wont be able to see out with the rear view mirror.

I checked my fav mopar source and it was $141.
I think junkyard would be your best bet for a cheaper alternative.

teeje

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have two MFS switches available. One with fogs and one without fogs if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dash lights would dim or get brighter if I used the turn signal. I got annoyed enough I bought a brand-new Mopar replacement on eBay for $50. The interior lights would seriously piss me off.

If you want my old one, it's yours - I do have fogs.

HerronScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the original part number for the switch with fog lights is 56010126AD but that's had a number of revisions so when you order a new one now from a dealer you get a56010126AI. (AD->AE->AF->AG->AH->AI).

I found a new 56010126AG one on eBay for $60.88 and decided to go with that. It should arrive tomorrow. Thanks for the offers on the used ones even though I didn't go that route!

Oh I was surprised to see that there are companies making aftermarket ones when I checked RockAuto. I guess these fail enough that it was worth their while to tool it up.

Scott

HerronScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Switch came today and looks good. Came in the original unopened Mopar box and although the eBay name is evergreenparts, it was shipped from Guetterman Motors in Cairo, IL which seems to be a Ford dealer.

Looks like they have 1 more left if anyone else is interested.

Combination Switch Chrysler 56010126AG | eBay

Scott

Attachments

• WP_20160729_001.jpg
    WP_20160729_001.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 3

Latest posts

Members online