Interior accessory mounting pics?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cwatson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Wondering if some generous people wouldn't mind posting some pics of thier dash accessories and where/how you have them mounted. Right now I have my Garmin Navi & Sirius Starmate suctioned to the windshield and my ipod just floats around next to the e-break. I'm thinking I might rig up something like this for the GPS: http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39065 and try to work the Sirius into the the junk bin. Most of the aftermarket ipod mounts I'm finding online seem pretty cheapo and everything is either windshield, 3M on the dash or vent clips. I'd also like something that can accomodate both a classic ipod & an ipod touch (not at the same time).

I'm open for any ideas/suggestions. rockon.gif

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go here...

http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/mount

Get a VSM, Vehicle Specific Mount, which will go under the radio screws on the right side of the radio, then just buy a holder for the device you want to put on it. That's where my TomTom sits. I have a multi use AMP adapter on there, which the TomTom holder or any of my other holders slide onto. They sell it as the TomTom EasyPort, and once you bolt the EasyPort adapter to the mount then any holder can slide on it. I alternate between my TomTom and my Ipod, as i don't always use the TomTom.

Sure it costs more than other options but its solid and well made. Otherwise you can go with an adhesive option... I used a ProFit Lo-Boy mount to put the two radio control heads up on my dash.

They also have ipod and ipod touch holders as well!

I don't have any pictures of the VSM installed, but if you wanted to see it with the TomTom sitting on there i can snap a picture. If you look at the installation instructions for the KJ VSM it shows a picture of it installed that will also give you a good idea of where it sits.

Edit: Just looked and they do also carry a Garmin Nuvi adapter as well, so you would be set there also. And you can always put an extension plate on the VSM and stack two devices on the same mount, Nuvi and Ipod adapters for example.

Last edited:

cwatson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the link kb0nly. I think I'm gonna go with the pro-fit. I filled up my shopping cart with everything I'd need and I'm just under $100. Kinda steep, but everything seems sturdy and reliable. If you could snap a pic or two it would be awesome.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pay a little more and get what you pay for though...

I have tried the other brands, including Ram, the Pro-Fit stuff always lasts longer and has a more solid feel to it. I used to use a ipod mount from Ram, the thing kept breaking, they did replace it under warranty, but the second time i got it replaced i tossed it on eBay and put my money on a Pro-Fit ipod mount and haven't had trouble since.

Sorry the pic isn't better, took it quick with my phone this morning and i had a lot of sun glare. When i use the TomTom i just plug it in to the front power outlet, then when i use the ipod i pull the cable and holder out of the glovebox and swap them out. I thought about putting an extension plate on there and having both mounted at once but i only use the TomTom now and then, i use the ipod all the time.

Last edited: