Instrument Panel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

musicaldoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've noticed that every once and a while turning the ignition key to on position (just position on not engine start), the fuel, temperature, tachometer and speedometer indicators go straight to end scale and then go back to zero as if some kind of check was performed automatically on my MY 2007.

Have you ever noticed something like that?

sevenhelmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I cycle my '03 ignition from off to on 3 times it goes through the little instrument panel built-in test... maybe that's what's happening with yours?

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
If I cycle my '03 ignition from off to on 3 times it goes through the little instrument panel built-in test... maybe that's what's happening with yours?

That's just to show computer error codes. The real instrument panel test is done by holding down the trip button, then turning the ignition on. It's actually kinda cool to watch if you're bored, lol.

musicaldoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's somewhat weird indeed, but my dealer states it's a self check performed by the panel. I'll try to find out in which circumstances it does that.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
the way to start your vehicle is reach in start it then after 2 minutes look at the dash, that way it will not bug you or worry you any LOL

musicaldoc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL you're right, the more you look at something, the more you see weird things :D