wipers and misfire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stoveboltshane

Reaction score
last week my wipers suddenly stopped working ,when i put them onto 1st position they try to move almost like they were stuck to the screen in freezing weather , when they did start working it was causing the engine to misfire a bit ,now the wipers totally stall the engine , and cause the whole dashboard illuminations to go out , my lights and indicators still work fine but theres no power to anything else even when i turn ignition back on to try and restart engine , i now found if i turn ignition key on and wait a little while all the power comes back and i can re start it and drive ok as long as i dont touch the wipers , the only other thing ive noticed after restarting and while driving, the radio reversing camera and small information screen on ceiling are constantly going on and off ?

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Or your battery is on it's way out. Libertys lose their minds with low voltage. Mine opened the back window instead of starting when the battery started to go.

David13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or your battery is on it's way out. Libertys lose their minds with low voltage. Mine opened the back window instead of starting when the battery started to go.

Yes.

I replaced my battery a couple weeks ago. It would intermittently beep as I was driving, but no lightening bolt on the dash. Then it started to unlock itself after I locked it, which also turns on the headlights for 30 seconds or so.

New battery cured all that. I had a 36 month warranty battery in it. And ... it was 36 months old.
dc

Reactions: klc

stoveboltshane

Reaction score
hopefully ive found what it is, a friend told me she had this problem with her jeep , it was the ignition switch , so ive disconected the switch , found the live wire and made up some short wires with spade fittings on and found all the right terminals in the block when i connect them the dash is lighting up , wipers are working fine and so is everything else and when i make contact with the starter terminal she fires over and runs , ordered a new ignition switch of of rock autos and hopefully when i connect it up it will be sorted !

stoveboltshane

Reaction score
ive just replaced the battery along with the alternator about 2 months ago they both packed up within the same week .

Members online

No members online now.