Installing a CB

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lima.Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried to install a CB in their dash. The exact location I am looking at is directly below the AC/Heater controls. I have in that space a cigarette lighter, power outlet, and a ashtray. I am getting a CObra 25 NW WX ST and was wondering if anyone has tried mounting it in that location in the actual dash. Would heat be an issue?

Zelroth

Reaction score
One thing about that particular place is its not as deep as where the heater controls are. To get the CB flush with the front you'll have to cut into the plastic, but I'm not sure whats behind the plastic. :-k

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
Idk how big of a cb you got...so i cant help....but my small midland would fit no ?s!

KJedmonton

Reaction score
One thing about that particular place is its not as deep as where the heater controls are. To get the CB flush with the front you'll have to cut into the plastic, but I'm not sure whats behind the plastic. :-k

I was going to do the same with mine, but but there is no room behind the plastic, I think it's the air vents or something but the back of the plastic is flush with what ever it is thats back there. Also I was worried about the sound output because at least for mine the speaker is on the bottom of the CB...

Lima.Charlie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also you have RFI from the radio. Probably will have to wait a few weeks and try to reengineer it.

Latest posts

Members online