Installed Rusty's kit....Like it!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tdamocles

Reaction score
Sorry that I don't have any install kit pics but everything went smoothly except that when I installed the springs I did not line up the "key" for the clevis bracket correctly. I had to loosen the spring and rotate the strut assembly for the clevis to fit correctly. The Tie-rod and brake caliper did not need to come off to install the front shock/struts. I was going to use a clevis lift but the spring seat had a big gap which the conduit washers kinda fell into. The struts had a ridge under the spring seat that did not allow the clevis to go up against the seat...about an 1/8" from the bottom of the spring seat. The front shocks did not look like the yellow ones that were in the install pics that I have seen - they were white with the spring seats welded on the shock. The last rear spring was a bear to install even with the sway bar disconnected. It took me about 5 hrs with the spring mishap and I have never done it before. Looks goooood!

Last edited:

tdamocles

Reaction score
Oh, by the way, if you have the teraflex bumpstops just get a prybar under it and push up. They will slide in this way a lot easier than trying to muscle it in.

Last edited: