Inner Rocker Panels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AJ9P

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me some good advice / pointers on how to remove the inner rockers of both side of my 2006 Liberty? I would realy like to avoid paying a body shop to do it. thanks

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Usually, when the cancer spreads to the inners on a unibody, this is bad news.
There are folks that have done repairs and replacements, but they have the gear and the skill.

Is an informative thread here:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
If inners and outers are both bad about the only way to keep it alive is professional help or try boat siding it yourself which is still not a job for a beginner

CTJEEP

Reaction score
After market rockers are short on top + don't connect at the vertical pinch weld.

The inner rocker panels are sandwiched into the outer rocker + inner floor assembly. along with the connection of the Center pillar creating clearance issues.

What I've found are few KJ's with perfect rockers . . . Cut the donor section parallel to the rockers in about 12" in, the posts up 12" or so , and splice the assembly onto your Jeep.

Cheaper + faster than disassembly, cutting rot + refabricating adjoining rotted metal.

There are few if any OEM rockers + inners available . nice path, but the outer were over $700 when still available. .... and the end caps are long out of production.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online