Inner brake pad worn down to metal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

metalmoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What would cause the front inner brake pad to wear down to the metal, while the outer pad is just fine?
The slide pins weren't sticking, and the piston goes back into the cylinder, with out much effort.

Also what side should the break wear indicator be on?

Thanks!

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We're the pad slides installed on the caliper mount. If not the pad most likely got stuck on the caliper mount.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

metalmoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The pad slides are all there, in pretty good shape. What surprised me was there was no warning. The brakes were fine going to work, 12 miles. But as I left the parking lot, I heard/felt them grinding. I had no choice but to drive her home that way, very carefully!
Destroyed the rotor. Luckily I had some old good parts to put on it. Needed it to get to work the next day! Figure I'll drive it for a few weeks, take off the wheel, and see how they look. Had problems with cheap brake pads before. Shim came off the pad and jammed the pad. Now I buy the better ones!

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a caliper or slide pin problem still...just keep an eye on it after you greased and put everything back together.

Latest posts

Members online