Info on installing Block Heater?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

string

Reaction score
Greetings,
I Need Info on installing Block Heater on My 2005 Libby
should I find a mechanic or should I try and do it My self?
I just moved to Minnesota and I am getting scared of ole mother nature
freezing My Libby's block out!! LoL

any suggestions would be appreciated, Thank You

belvedere

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When we first bought our Libby, I didn't have a garage, and it was getting cold outside, so I just took it to the local dealer. They charged me 1 hour labor to install a block heater; well worth it, in my opinion.

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that hard to do you will have to drain the H.O.A.T. first and some coolant will still come out when you pull the freez plug. Its a good time to change the coolant. Hit the freez plug on one side only, most will turn on you and you will be able to pull it out. Install new heater plug with inch pounds.
Or like belvedere say take it to the dealer if you dont feel like dealing with the mess or are leary of dealing with a freez plug.

string

Reaction score
thank you :)
I think that Im just going to go to the stealership because I still don't have all My tools up here.

Last edited:

theroofable

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have more info on this? The dealer quoted my 150 for this, they had no idea and initially said it was only for the crd. I think its time for a new dealership to go to, last time they tried to convince me that they couldnt program a keyless entry key for me even though I had keyless entry.