infinity premium speaker repair/replace?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one blown infinity speaker in the front passenger door of one of my 02 limited liberties

I don't want to ship it and wait for it to be repaired. Anyone know where I can just get one to replace it? or a good way to bypass it and just call it good? just don't want any hassle...I'll unplug it and leave it unplugged if I have to.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best Buy? Get a set of good components. I think the woofers are 6.5 inches. Also think you need a crossover to keep the tweeters active.

That's just the FASTEST option. There are plenty of good component options out there. Crutchfield is a good site for that stuff.

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ended up swapping the door harness with non-infinity harness and putting regular kj speakers in the doors. done.

Mickeychop

Reaction score
ended up swapping the door harness with non-infinity harness and putting regular kj speakers in the doors. done.
What do you mean by swapping the door harness? Did you have the infinity speakers with the built in amps?

overdalimit

Reaction score
What happens is the foam tears around the outside. just put some form-a-gasket over the split and violla.

teckman02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
good easy DIY fix rubber cement and paper towels works greart and lasts a long time good old school fix

JeepCoMJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I chucked the door harness and speakers for the alpine system in the scrap bins along with all the rest of my wiring...there is no quality to them. already sold that jeep.

ended up with Polk Audio in all 4 doors of my orange limited as well, and chucked those infinnitys and harness, too, going to toss in a couple 8" alpine type S subs and amp under the rear seats.