repair costs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnmw1017

Reaction score
My 2002 Liberty Limited has a few rust issues. I'm trying to decide if it would be cost effective to have the rust repaired or replace the vehicle. I have had rocker panels replaced on other cars, it wasn't all too costly, the area inside the passengers rear door has ne concerned. Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time

John

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

OldJoe

Reaction score
I had similar problems on my '04. I watched a guy on YouTube called Fitzees Fabrications. A lot of sheet metal repair with minimal tools. Came out great and I saved a ton of money. Check him out before you make a move.

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can buy repair panels reasonably cheaply, don't be tempted to use filler, the sills are structural so need to be welded. You will almost certainly find the inner sills are in need of work too, however it's not a bad job to do, I put a post on here when I did mine, shot some aerosol Raptor over the top, job done.
If you don't want to weld it yourself you can still cut your costs if you do the painting.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
skins are readily available from many sources. Variety of prices. But unless you weld sheet metal, not really an option.

Really depends on what you plan to do with the Jeep and how long you want to keep it.

Cutting away the cancer and getting busy with the fiberglass and bondo is always an option... no matter what the "car show crowd" has led you to believe.

Members online

No members online now.