2006 KJ wiring harness replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Glenn Buskirk

Reaction score
My daughter's 2006 KJ ( 3.7l gas ) has a non functioning speedometer and ABS, brake, and ESC/BAS lights on. Mice have chewed wires in the harness near the firewall penetration under the brake master cylinder. I suspect the best repair is to just replace the harness. Can you help me identify the Mopar part number? How hard is it to replace without removing major items like the brake cylinder? Is there a published book time for the job?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Darn Rodents..eek.
Can you post a few photos, so we can see what situation you are facing?
I use gain dryer sheets, with mothballs & Irish spring bar soap under the master cylinder /under the hood as protection.
Mice don't like the smell of Irish spring bar soap & some is placed inside the Jeep come fall.

Glenn Buskirk

Reaction score
I bought a replacement harness 56050844AF from Ebay by making an offer on a listed auction. The harness is new old-stock. It is a very big harness with a lot of connectors. My mechanic said he wanted to see the harness and the car before he would estimate the cost to replace it. In the end he quoted for 20-30 hours of work to replace it. That, of course, approaches the value of the vehicle, and won't be done. He said the dash has to come all apart, and the seat have to be removed, etc.

So, we are going to have him repair the old harness instead. He says this will necessitate pulling the brake booster out, etc and will still be quite expensive.