Important recalls...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WyldWolf777

Reaction score
I have owned my Jeep since 2006, original owner. I know several recalls were issued for it during the years... My question is if I took it to the dealer and told them I want every dang recall issue addressed, and fixed now will they do it LOL? Like are they obligated to do it for liability purposes? Simply curious.

WyldWolf777

Reaction score

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Awesome thanks... Just checked and I have 1 recall incomplete for rear lower control arms. Making an appointment tomorrow
Free LCAs rules! Know that once there are in, you may have a clunk. The gurus here taught me that after the installation and a few miles, you need to park it on a level surface and loosen and retorq all the hardware.

If you don’t have a good calibrated torque wrench, now is the time to buy one.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Free LCA's would rock! No recall for those on the KK's but mine also rusted through. The new ones I got are bulletproof, but definitely not free. ;)

You must be registered for see images attach

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Free LCA's would rock! No recall for those on the KK's but mine also rusted through. The new ones I got are bulletproof, but definitely not free. ;)

You must be registered for see images attach
You running IROs now right?

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, the ones I got are not adjustable. Not sure of the brand but saw the build quality and felt the weight. These will outlast my Jeep.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My LCA's were also rusted out... But Ky isnt in the rust belt so they were not covered.. Even though it snows here and they use tons of salt.... Suppose thats their way of saving a few bucks.

I found the recall LCA's for $40 shipped and ended up getting two sets thanks to Rona causing confusion. I'm not complaining.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
My passenger side crumbled as I was driving to the dealership for this recall last summer. Whew!

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
About how long should these LCA’s last? The recall work was done on my car in 2018, but I’m not sure mine are that old. No road dust buildup.

Riddick

Reaction score
I just done the check on my 07 KY Jeep and I am fully up to date which was pleasing to see.
This is by far the best car I have owned as my own car.
In Australia our family car was a 2013 VF Holden Commodore and this thing was the best family car we have ever had.
But there has not been a day that I have regretted getting the Jeep.

Reactions: klc

Noclutch

Modern DIY
Reaction score
Got the Rear lower control arm recall done on the 07 KJ like 2 years ago including the Trailer Hitch Receiver recall(which is basically a new tow hitch) both are holding up good and minimal rust. Also on the 03 Renegade the f23 front lower ball joints were done in 06 according to dealership records ( I replaced both 2 days ago)also trailer hitch recall in 2015 and ORC Module recall R06 in 2021. Free work pays off. Lol

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the Rear lower control arm recall done on the 07 KJ like 2 years ago including the Trailer Hitch Receiver recall(which is basically a new tow hitch) both are holding up good and minimal rust. Also on the 03 Renegade the f23 front lower ball joints were done in 06 according to dealership records ( I replaced both 2 days ago)also trailer hitch recall in 2015 and ORC Module recall R06 in 2021. Free work pays off. Lol
Did yours have a trailer hitch before the recall? My 06 came with the tow package, but carfax says the local dealer installed a hitch in 2017. Wondering if they put on a different one because of that.

Noclutch

Modern DIY
Reaction score
Yes both KJ’s came with tow hitch and both got replaced due to recall. On the 03 KJ the trailer hitch was so rusted I thought it with the original I was surprised when dealership info said it was replaced in 2015.

Last edited:
Reactions: klc

m_eatherton

Reaction score
I have owned my Jeep since 2006, original owner. I know several recalls were issued for it during the years... My question is if I took it to the dealer and told them I want every dang recall issue addressed, and fixed now will they do it LOL? Like are they obligated to do it for liability purposes? Simply curious.
They did mine.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Did yours have a trailer hitch before the recall? My 06 came with the tow package, but carfax says the local dealer installed a hitch in 2017. Wondering if they put on a different one because of that.
The recall hitches were slightly redesigned so they wouldn't pierce the fuel tank. Libertys that sold without hitches got them installed for the same recall. Idea was its presence would provide a bit more protection for the fuel tank.

klc

“It flies like a truck.”
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
The recall hitches were slightly redesigned so they wouldn't pierce the fuel tank. Libertys that sold without hitches got them installed for the same recall. Idea was its presence would provide a bit more protection for the fuel tank.
Right. I have read up on the recall in more detail now. I was curious if others had gone through the same thing. Great, another part that’s newer.

MOMEhermits

Reaction score
Thank yall! I'm new to this forum, but an email to this thread just came in, and it was very helpful. I am in need of two recalls I realize, and just made an appt. to get them done. Thanks for the info :).

Liberty For All

Reaction score
Right. I have read up on the recall in more detail now. I was curious if others had gone through the same thing. Great, another part that’s newer.
I had installed a hitch many years ago and took it to my dealership when notified of the recall. They said I was good as was and I asked for money that I had spent on mine. Dealership refused but I called my local TV News Station Consumer Reporter and she had Chrysler headquarters send me a check.