I'm all skidded up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sport

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice, I am still working on mine. Should have my ****** and tc skid shortly.

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should rubber coat your skids as well as the undercarriage. Mine was coated with something similar before I bought it...no rust under mine.
I rubber coated the ****** pan and the cross member that holds the tcase.

He's right guys, the salt up here is unbelievable, I hear Ontario uses the most salt in all of Canada.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
You should see my black carpet...completely fubared.:mad:

The underside is already rusty, so anything I do is a waste of time now. I could coat it till I am blue in the face, but it won't stop it rusting from under the coating.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should rubber coat your skids as well as the undercarriage. Mine was coated with something similar before I bought it...no rust under mine.
I rubber coated the ****** pan and the cross member that holds the tcase.

He's right guys, the salt up here is unbelievable, I hear Ontario uses the most salt in all of Canada.
Very bad idea,that stuff is just holding in more heat and killing your trans.

BjBnet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmmm...good point. I put it on because my last pan rusted out. Maybe I'll just order a new one...it only cost $12 canadian...yes twelve dollar.
Thanks guys

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
+1

The pan acts as a heatsink. You(BjBnet) should scrap that off asap!

For the rust issue up here, I'm a big fan of Metropolitan Rust Proofing. My dad has been going there every year with his 2000 Durango and there is 0 rust on the chassis and body. Quite impressive.

Rust proofing is great as long as you do it form day 1 when the vehicle is new, if you wait even a year then you are wasting your money.

A leaky valve cover gasket is a great undercoating solution.:p