Ignition and housing removal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenkab

Reaction score
Does anyone know/have instructions to remove the ignition and the ignition housing for a 2003 Jeep Liberty?
I recently purchased one that was a theft recovery and unfortunately the thief broke the ignition housing , so that he/she could start it with a ***** driver. It seems like I will have to pull the steering but I’m not sure . Any guidance will be appreciated. Thanks

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
There are about 4 torx fasteners holding the top and bottom plastic steering column covers. The steering interlock assembly is held on with some security torx or allen screws. The security feature is a protrusion in the middle of the recess for the torx/allen *******. It takes a special tool, 4mm maybe. The shift interlock cable has a plastic catch holding it in; push that and it will slide out. I might have posted a picture of the bits and pieces years ago.

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
Check out "mopar4u"s march 25, 2013 thread "what is this part---just finished ignition switch actuator pin replacement". My photos are there along with others that may help.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
This video should also help.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Latest posts

Members online