ideas about lifting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff

Reaction score
hello everyone,

im planning to have my jeep liberty 07 limited lifted and i would like to know which lift works best and things that gonna be needed in lifting.ive been researching the forum about lifts but im getting confused with the words spacer, struts etc., evething sounds foreign to me.anyone can give me an idea would be greatly appreciated.i live in whitby, canada.

bugnout

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Spacer Lift = use stock springs, add urethane spacers in the front strut assemblies and add a urethane spacer below the rear spring. If your struts and shocks are worn out, good time to replace them, Stock struts will work, but you should get longer rear shocks. Lowest cost solution $200 to $500 depending on if you replace your struts and shocks. Most common is Daystar spacer lift, comes in 1", 1.5", 2", 2.5"

Suspension Lift = replace the stock springs with taller springs, same advice for struts, stock will work, but good time to replace them. Springs are only available 1.5" to 2" of lift. Old Man Emu (OME) is the most common of this type, Also Rusty,s but the springs in the Rusty kit tend to sag over time. $500+

Combo lift = Replace the stock springs and use spacers to get the most lift. Most of these lifts require replacement of additional components like the Upper Control Arms as well.
$1200 to $4000. Frankenlift, JBA 4" lift,

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just get a set of OME coil springs and Rancho shocks and you're all set. :) You can do a clevis up front (Tony's got a good writeup on that) and add another rear upper isolator pad (you can get that from your dealer).