Idea for Fender flairs..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Okura_hubby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I was in Hawaii I saw a guy who mod'd up one of the new 4 door Rubicon's. he put a ton of aftermarket bolton stuff. What I liked most was the shorty fender flairs that seemed to be more flair than body part. I did a quick search and found something..
You must be registered for see images

I was thining something like this would be cool on the liberty. Relocate the turn signal to the top of the fender flair. Something like the old beetles had on top of their wheel arches.

WIth this you could have deaper flairs to protect the body from the bigger tires. Here is a old woody just kinda looking at the new Rubicon and the Liberty..

You must be registered for see images attach

Would be a bit retro and to me more functional..

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
Forgot to add, the inner fender/unibody structure is still in the way with a flat fender and keeps you from fitting larger tires.
Unless you are prepared to do extensive refabrication of the inner fender sheet metal.
I think it could be done but then there is the fact that you need to upgrade to a steel front diff so you can run 33" and larger tires.
Then there are the CV joints to consider...
And so on.

Okura_hubby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im just saying it looks better I think.. I found it on Lost.. That guy has some skills at Fabrication.. I like it alot.. I think it gives more tire clearance without having to raise the jeep.

The thread is here. I like the looks..
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=50541

You could get a shallower offset and push the tires outward. It appears the fenders are wider so would protect for wider tires.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not really that much extra tire clearance its all done with mirrors :shrug:
But really with everything else back in there not much extra room with out lift etc.

Okura_hubby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice mod on trimming.
But I was just going to comment before I saw your pics to the guy above. The flat fenders appear to be wider, to protect the sides of the jeep from flinging crud when you got wide tires.

Not to say trimming inner fender parts ould be nicer. I think it has posibilities.. And I like the look..

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
If you look at the photo below, you can see exactly what Tom and I said about "Not much more room for tires" when you see just how much of the inner fender/unibody is there to get in the way of larger tires...

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
here are a few that I took of the same one ( Larrys) this is with my old OME lift, 3/8 inch top plate and 1/2 inch of clevis
this is also after Larry cut into the floorboards and took a couple of inches out where it is welded together Lots of metal in there that can't be removed or shouldn't be if you want it to stay in one piece

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
of course with no motor / trans/ transfer case etc all kinds of room :shrug:

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
It would be nice to get rid of all that extra metal up to the outer fender/wheel opening line.
Then you would have allot of extra room/space for bigger tires.
The problem is re-engineering the inner unibody.
It's day's like these that I wish I had a few extra KJ's kicking around the house!

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Extra KJ's. That would be sweet. I would love to have one for off road use only. I might have to get rid of some toys before I get another one.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like em, because they are different. Not much out there for KJ aftermarket mods.