I think its time to say goodbye

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mikeandamy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2 new noises in the liberty and mechanic had bad news:

1st noise is a whine/roar that he said is coming from the transfer case

2nd is a creak and flapping noise from the front driver side wheel. He is not 100% but thinks it's in the front diff.

I've gotten to love the little bastard....after the initial hate. I overpaid for a lemon.
I tried to keep up on repairing it but it’s just one thing after the next and I can't keep dumping cash into it. It’s our only car and I need it to be reliable. This one has been problems from day 1 and I can't see the financial justification to keep dumping money into it. I've gotten busy at work and the only day off my wife and I have together is every other Saturday. So 1 day every 2 weeks to work on it is not enough. I've dumped almost 3 grand into it in under 2 years not counting maintenance (like oil changes) or my time.

I would like to thank you guys because the time on this board was great. It’s one on the few boards where people share information and help out those who don’t know so much without an attitude. There is so much information on here and a bunch of guys willing to help. You guys made any repairs easy with pics and the how-to’s.

VAhlene

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd keep fixing it, but that's just me, I love my KJ! Wouldn't buying a new car be more expensive than fixing whats wrong with it?

mikeandamy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd keep fixing it, but that's just me, I love my KJ! Wouldn't buying a new car be more expensive than fixing whats wrong with it?

well, i owe 4000, i have already paid 2500. to fix this issue is going to be probably 1000-1200. i have already spent almost 3000 on repairs

that's a solid 10,000 car that i can rely on. i'm not sure it's a liberty thing, i think it a THIS liberty thing!

i hate when my wife leaves for work in the morning and i have to worry "is she going to make it to work this morning without a problem?"

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry you got a bad one that probably was abused before you got it. This can happen with any vehicle. But Jeeps get abused more than other vehicles sometimes because of their capabilities and then the owner dumps it on the used vehicle market. Then someone comes along and buys it and gets soured on jeeps. Don't let it sour you on jeeps.

Glad the forum was able to help you out in your time of need and sorry to see you go.

Dave

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sad this have to happen. Libby are reliable as long as you keep good care of them, but dave is right, many people beat them like they don't care and then sell it to a poor guy.
Mine have been perfect for the entire time and I hope you will stay in the jeep familly ;)

Latest posts