Hypertech power programmer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was browsing for tuners the other day and noticed that Hypertech now supports 2004+ Liberty's. Not to shabby power gains either. +24HP and +24TQ for regular octane gas. Of course they do not support the 02-03 model years yet...... :disgust:

Just wondering if anyone has one and if it is an improvement(if any) in power? :shrug:

http://www.hypertech-inc.com/products-results.aspx

MSReNeGaDe

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder if that tuner delivers what it claims?
25 Horse power and 25 foot lbs of torque for just over $400?
Sounds too good to be true!

at full throttle red line rpm. Its the part they leave out. Expect 5-10 HP max but if there are other tunes, it can be useful. I know the super chips flashpaq for the jk makes a big difference so i don't see why this wouldn't for the kj

sent via Morse code

Akedos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excuse my lack of engine knowledge here... but what difference would this have on a 5 speed? I can understand some substantial gains with an automatic... I guess specifically shifting points. And perhaps changing the timing and amount of fuel delivery/mixture, I don't know really. But I guess ultimately I'm just curious if the effects would carry from an automatic to manual.

LetFreedomRing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excuse my lack of engine knowledge here... but what difference would this have on a 5 speed? I can understand some substantial gains with an automatic... I guess specifically shifting points. And perhaps changing the timing and amount of fuel delivery/mixture, I don't know really. But I guess ultimately I'm just curious if the effects would carry from an automatic to manual.

Probably just the horsepower gains. I'm in the same boat with a 5 speed. More than likely the automatics would get slightly better shifting along with the increased power.