Howdy from the great state of Arkansas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK47SHOOTER

Reaction score
Howdy, folks. I just got blessed with a 2004 Jeep Liberty limited about three weeks ago and absolutely love her. She has only about 122.5K miles on her, 1.5K of which I put there. Guess I just like driving, lol. Anyway, I live in the center of Arkansas with my two horses, two dogs and lots of open space. I teach WP & T Equestrian horsemanship and I am a Concealed Carry Instructor. In my spare time I like to either do Bible study or go shooting. Thanks for letting me join.
SIDENOTE: I'm looking for information on the hitch recall. It's something to do with the fuel cell possibly exploding. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Howdy, folks. I just got blessed with a 2004 Jeep Liberty limited about three weeks ago and absolutely love her. She has only about 122.5K miles on her, 1.5K of which I put there. Guess I just like driving, lol. Anyway, I live in the center of Arkansas with my two horses, two dogs and lots of open space. I teach WP & T Equestrian horsemanship and I am a Concealed Carry Instructor. In my spare time I like to either do Bible study or go shooting. Thanks for letting me join.
SIDENOTE: I'm looking for information on the hitch recall. It's something to do with the fuel cell possibly exploding. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Welcome
as far as recall just contact Jeep
fuel cell exploding.....:Insane:

TannerC32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah rear end collisions were causing fires in some cases. The hitch install will add more protection to rear end. If you take it to a Chrysler dealership they will install an OEM hitch for free, and then you can also register your vin online to get a free $100 gift card- basically jeeps way of making sure people did the recall.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah rear end collisions were causing fires in some cases. The hitch install will add more protection to rear end. If you take it to a Chrysler dealership they will install an OEM hitch for free, and then you can also register your vin online to get a free $100 gift card- basically jeeps way of making sure people did the recall.

1 out of a million, still a ridiculous recall
Never did nor will I take my 04 in

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1.56 million affected Jeeps recalled, 70 people killed in fiery crashes. That's one out of 22,285 killed, not a million.
A free hitch, if you don't have one, and $100. Nothing wrong with that.

joeysjeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome fellow arkansan nOrth east arkansas here but grow up in benton area lol. Glad to see more of us on here

TannerC32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah forget the recall I'll take a free hitch plus installation any day.

AK47SHOOTER

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help. I have an appointment on Wednesday (01JUN16) to have the work done. Now, you tell me that I can get a hundred bucks for registering my VIN? This just keeps getting better and better, lol. Where do I register?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
1.56 million affected Jeeps recalled, 70 people killed in fiery crashes. That's one out of 22,285 killed, not a million.
A free hitch, if you don't have one, and $100. Nothing wrong with that.

70 just in KJs ?
Must have dug up some more since last I was reading, still rediculous,
100 bucks isn't enough for me to go sit for an hour

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome. You join here.....you hit the jeep lottery and get a free hitch and $100.....LOL

Dave

TannerC32

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's the link for registering your VIN for the $100 gift card-

www.myjeepauto.com

Just enter the VIN and hit submit and also fill out a form(I didn't notice the form the first time so I waited a couple months and didn't receive the gift card so I had to go back in and fill out the form) and you'll have to wait till after the recall is complete and you have the receipt because if I remember right you have to put in the RO or something in the form, so hang on to our receipt from the dealer. It will take about 8 weeks to receive the gift card but still for 10 minutes of your time it's free money. Enjoy your new jeep with a brand new hitch!