Howdy from techboy, teddyearp

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teddyearp

Reaction score
I usually don't post an introduction thread, but I figure I should here. Why? Because I am the sort that likes to have something to give soon, but in this site, I fear I will not. You guys here are WAY too ******** and if I stay around here long enough to be one with some answers, it's going to cost me some serious $$$ that I ain't got to get there!!

So, me. My first Jeep was a 1997 Cherokee Sport I bought in 2000. But let me actually start from my off-road beginning. In the late 80's I got to where I liked to go down some road that I never was down before. That soon progressed to about '95 where I was taking a 1979 Datsun wagon up some deeply rutted road up the side of some mountain somewhere in SoCal and various roads in AZ. Then around '96 I was taking a '85 Honda Civic down Kitchen Creek Road in Cali and then when I moved to Pinetop, AZ in '97+ I was seeing how much snow I could push before I had to call for help.

Then once I got myself into the '97 Cherokee, I saw that suddenly everything changed. The page was turned. I never had to call anyone to help me out, suddenly people were calling me. I rode that '97 from 43k to 200k (had decided I was a 'Jeep' guy already), once the '97 started being unreliable I traded it in and now have a '06 Liberty with 39k.

As I said, I doubt I'll have much to contribute, y'all are only going to corrupt me with all your money spending shemes (LOL) as I' been perfectly happy with both of my Jeeps so far being totally stock.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Don't worry about knowing everything there is to know about jeeps. No one of us individually does, but all of us combined together know jeeps pretty well. Plus we have professional jeep mechanics here. That is what the forum is for........and then there is the random thoughts thread and an off-topic section......haha

Dave

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(welcome) Ted, and as a response to your intro thread, pics2.gifor it never happened.....

I hope you find everything you need here. This place is brimming with good info, chock full of randomness and interspersed with periods of shennanigans.

Jo6pak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope you find everything you need here. This place is brimming with good info, chock full of randomness and interspersed with periods of shennanigans.

Maybe we should change a few of those words around

"This place is brimming with randomness , chock full of shennanigans and interspersed with periods of good info":happy175:

Anyway, welcome aboard, Ted. I'm a farily new member also, but I've learned alot since starting.

teddyearp

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. As far as any pics from me, I decided to make a photo album and threw a slight smattering of pics in there; I feel it's better that way than stick 'em in a thread. As far as my take on the amount of info here: Oh. But. Yes.

Thanks to this site I now know where the hell my spark plugs are, lol. I also know the best way to install my front tow hooks, once I find someone to sell them to me reasonable (JeepINgeek?????). And, as I said, the worst part is how much more money I ain't got that this site will induce me to spend, lol. I already bought me some heated mirrors since they just plug and play . . . .