howdy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hacksaw

Reaction score
morning ... retired heavy truck mech for DOT. can't spell well so there is that out of the way... restore old cars for something to do besides go to the bar... AMC/MOPAR guy. have lots of old hornets and a S/C 360 go pack and a few A/B body's ... new to the liberty as far as owning one. there falling out of the trees around here. pop has one and 2 in the field for parts.... I finaly got one, a 04. .. loaded to the hilt. power everything sun roof heated leather LSD 4 range Tcase the works. its a bit hard to get in and out of for a big guy like me and i keep hitting the gas and break at the same time... no clue how folks drive these things with a 3rd peddle.
but here is my first question..... has anyone dropped a 4.7 in one??

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello and welcome, I think mechanics and bad spelling is a worldwide thing!

There is a bit on here about V8 conversations but I think its very tricky getting the computers to talk to each other.

Deb'nKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
somewhere between London & Zunny Deb'n (England)
I had a brief flirtation with a 4.7 WJ after being sucked in by all the hype but the hypnotic exhaust note aside I was glad to weigh it in & revert to my tried, tested & trusted XJ's.

Then for reasons incomprehensible to anyone outside London I got a 3.7 KJ getting on for 2 years ago now - & still can't make up my mind about it. They do have a small band of devoted & enthusiastic owners - but I'm not one: nice enough to drive, a complete pig to work on!

Given they're not worth anything (well, not much, anyway) there's no point spending money on them so my advice to OP would be park it up for spares & buy one that'll only need routine maintenance.

hacksaw

Reaction score
thanks.... and i got like 65 cars and trucks up here ...lol one is a Dakota 4.7 4X4. i have done V6/V8 swaps a few times but with the 3.9 dodge and all i had to do was add wires from the pcm for the 2 new injectors. 90's stuff. from what i have found out a 4.7 and engine harness will bolt into the 3.7 hole without to much trouble. im retired and have time on my hands and come from a time when we had to make stuff. no kits like yall have now. the hemi liberty looks cool and like a lot of work i would never put into it. love to drive it tho...lol .. and the 3.7 in mine runs fine. last a long time if i were to leave it alone... but i can't ....lol

Attachments

• img (8).jpg
    img (8).jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 4

KJowner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OM606 @ 500hp now thats a tempting thought!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media