how to trim/machine CV joints for higher lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clackattack

Reaction score
Im aware of the fact that if you want to lift the liberty more than 3 inches, the inner joints of the CV axles need to have about 3/8" "shaved" off of the inner joint to allow for more articulation without them binding up. Has anyone had to do this and have pictures of your work? Or either any information on what/where exactly the joint needs work or maybe a web link to somewhere with pictures or info on doing so? thanks so much, this is the last piece of info i need before i decide on how much $$$ im gonna drop into a lift, components and larger tires. Thanks so much guys!

clackattack

Reaction score
The liberty im doing work to and need info on is actually the 08 KK libby, but im assuming that the CVs are the exact ones that are used in the KJ. Thanks so much for the info, ive been forum surfing for months trying to find out EVERYTHING i can about this need KK and this has been my hardest task thus far. In comparison, do the J.E.Reels handle more of an angle than the JBAs? Do the CVs on jeepinbyal's site fit the KK? And what about the CRD CVs, will they fit the KK and would there be any advantage to running the CRD ones?

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The liberty im doing work to and need info on is actually the 08 KK libby, but im assuming that the CVs are the exact ones that are used in the KJ. Thanks so much for the info, ive been forum surfing for months trying to find out EVERYTHING i can about this need KK and this has been my hardest task thus far. In comparison, do the J.E.Reels handle more of an angle than the JBAs? Do the CVs on jeepinbyal's site fit the KK? And what about the CRD CVs, will they fit the KK and would there be any advantage to running the CRD ones?
Your on your own for a KK,KJ ones will not work and CRD ones will not work also.

clackattack

Reaction score
Well, in that case, can you tell me how much of an angle is a bad one to put on the stock CVs?

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.