HOW TO: Find a How-To not listed here & Forum Guidelines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alexskj

Reaction score
how to preform a clevis lift

i plan on doing a lift on my jeep and i have heard that the front of the car tends to sag and from what i understand a clevis lift is a good way to get rid of it. i dont really know all to much about cars so i was hopping that maybe someone had some pictures or could explain the process to me and anyone else who may need to know.

thanks

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i plan on doing a lift on my jeep and i have heard that the front of the car tends to sag and from what i understand a clevis lift is a good way to get rid of it. i dont really know all to much about cars so i was hopping that maybe someone had some pictures or could explain the process to me and anyone else who may need to know.

thanks

http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31619

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi i would like to add another car lighter in my liberty but i want to shut the current with my key how can i do that because the only power source on mine is always on and its not good when i plug my gps it doesnt shut off when i leave the truck
thanks

For my XM radio, I just found a switched wire (you could also run from the sunroof fuse if you dont have a sunroof) and created a behind-the-dash switched outlet. It works great.

seriouse

Reaction score
Help with PCV valve

Where is it and What is the procedure for replacing it. Thanks in advance.
It is a 3.7

dino_2_5

Reaction score
Headliner Removal

I am going to be installing an overhead DVD system in my 05 Liberty and was wondering if anybody has done this? Any idea how the headliner comes down? Thanks.

sudistes

Reaction score
HOW TO: Install HID kit

Hello,

I have bought a hid kit for my liberty 2006.

I am wondering how to install it (easy apparently) but I am wondering where do you fix the ballast system into liberty motor.

May you put some picture of your installation (ballast fixing?)

regards

RYANBURGER

Reaction score
KJ rear bumper removal

Please can anyone advise how to remove rear bumper in preparation for reverse parking sensors ?
Cheers
Ryan

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i can think of a rather quick but catostrphic way to perform this, but it'll break it all to heck =D (ok that wasnt much help srry)

Signcutter21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ryan, check over at LOST in the RL bumper install or at Rock Lizard Fabrications. I remeber seeing the install directions for the bumper. It basically involves cutting off the plastic rivits to get the outer bumper shell off. Then there is the crush can part of the bumper that is held on with metal rivits. There also might be a few screws here or there. Not really that difficult, but you neet new rivits to reattach it. hope that helps some.

mike

EDIT: here ya go. http://www.lostkjs.com/forum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=225276#225276

Last edited:

Signcutter21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody have "How TO" directions for new rear brakes (drum) on an '02 Sport? Think mine are way done, it's been 5 years and 87K miles. It's really hard to stop when in reverse, especially on a rocky hill. Thanks in advance.
Mike

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to know how to change a water pump on an '04 libby.

Thanks
Socks's wife

Wow just did it last Friday. Had to because it blew up on me. I don't have pictures but the entire swap out is fairly easy. Remove the fan/hood, remove serpentine belt, then take out 6/8 15mm (or 16mm) bolts holding the water pump. You can buy the entire piece from local auto store which includes rubber ring. You do not need a pully or anything cause its all one piece. Then install the new one, your done.

I'll get some pictures later today of what I mean with an actual write up on this. Unless someone beats me to it :)

Renedave

Reaction score
Does anyone have a how-to, or even just torque values, for replacing the front differential cover? After my latest wheeling misadventure it's developed a leak, and while I'm topping it off for now I'd like to pull and reseal it. TIA!

JDolias

Reaction score
HOW TO:Replace front Bumper

Hi there, I'd like to learn how to replace my front bumper on an '05 Liberty. I know there's a removal HOW TO, which I hope will be very useful, but I'm wondering if installing a new one would be the same. Thank you!

AlexKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a rattling window glass in the driver (left) side. When the glass is half lowered o completely down, it start to rattle when I pass over a pot hole, for example... Anyone knows how to tighten up this annoying thing? :) Thanks in advance!

Other thing I think is useful to know is how to (and where) apply grease (Mopar Multi-Purpose Lube NLGI Grade 2 EP, GC-LB or equivalent) to ball joints, wheel bearings, prop shafts, U-joints and yokes.

Last edited:

03simsliberty

Reaction score
Does anybody know how to fix the plastic peace on the back bumper? Mine, I don't know how but fell off.

Thanks,
Jim

jjb

Reaction score
Looking for info on how to replace the part time 4x4 sensor on a 2004 Jeep Liberty. My part time light comes on and off intermittently when driving, even though I do not have the 4x4 engaged. I'm 99% sure it's the sensor; dealer quoted me $400 which is total garbage.

Thanks for any help you might have.

Jeremy

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online