HOW TO: Find a How-To not listed here & Forum Guidelines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: removing or disabling of the buzzer

dune_cowboy said:
Hi there MoladoGuy

No I have a speed alarm , buzzer/ chime the same as the seat belts ,but i can not find it, so I was hoping some one out could help me out as i need to pull the plug on the unit.

Regards

Dune

Okay. Looks like you have already been discussing this topic. Why post it again???

http://www.jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=20924&highlight=#20924

BCM needs to be reflashed. It's not just a cut the wires act...its programmed into the system.

dune_cowboy

Reaction score
Hi MoladoGuy

I need to disable the buzzer/chime .As I have a speed alarm (when I go over 72 mph ) on my KJ it works off the same buzzer/chime as the seat belt ,and i need to pull the plug on it .That is why I am posting it

Dune

Liber

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front door speaker Install

has anyone already written a "how to" on installing front speakers to a KJ with the infinity upgrade, meaning it has the two mini amps with the speakers in the front doors?

I would like to install my own if I could. But there seems to be a lot of wiring going on.

sudistes

Reaction score
how to remove rear bumper on liberty

All is said

if you have pictures, i am not english, that could be useful

thanks

N / A

Reaction score
can we get a transfer case oil change how to?

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello, does anyone have any idea how to remove the steering wheel housing cover in the dash, there are two screws underneath, but when I fiddle with the plastic it feels like they are glued together. A project requires access to key cylinder, and I don't want to break it! (Steering wheel mounted stereo controls wiring re-route)

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took that apart when I was installing the foglights. It's kinda a pain in the side to get it apart, and I dont have any specific recollections to help you, but check the Foglght install PDF for a nice picture of the two screws.

Good luck-

-Blu

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
So there are no brakets or clips holding it there, from what I can see in the pic. Normally things screwed in jeep have some play, and you can tell, but that part feels like there was something else holding it. Good to know, thanks!

Mrgjeep

Reaction score
HOW TO: Replace Front Shocks

I bought a 2002 Liberty with 73,000 miles and found that it was porely maintained. The spark plugs that I removed were worn to the porclin. Anyway I having the deler change all of the fluids. In addition I'm going to change all of the shocks. I looked at the manual and it indicated that I have to separate the lower ball joint to replace the shock and spring assemble. Has anyone done this without separating the lower control arm.

Lizzys07Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Liberty Guru's, help clueless newbie install basic stuff!

OK, so I'm planning on buying the front and rear tow hooks for my 07 Liberty. In addition, I'm also going to buy the much advised skid plates all around...all through that JParts.com place. With the free shipping it seems like a decent deal...though if anybody knows better, I'm all ears!

So my question is...When you order all this stuff, does it

A.) Come with the hardware needed to install it...bolts and stuff?

B.) Come with instructions on where to mount all of it?
(by this I mean super elementary stuff...like is it obvious where the
bolts would screw in with the skid plates and hooks once I got under
the Jeep?) Second part of the question, do I actually have to remove
anything to install any of the skids?

C.) With the tow hooks (front at least), I noticed that there are two plastic pieces of the bumper that appear they might pop out (as the pieces are outlined on the bumper), though I'm not sure if they really do, can anyone confirm this on a 2007 Liberty? I'm not sure if I want to use a Dremmel tool on a one-week-old vehicle quite yet!

I just don't want to spend near $300 and have to be stumped installing anything...and end up taking my purchases to the dealer and having them install them. ](*,)

Thanks in advance for the responses, and reading the long post! =D>

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All needed hardware *should* be included with the parts you are ordering. If it isn't, call JParts to confirm if it got left out. Mounting the skids should be relatively simple - there should be threaded holes already in the frame for the engine and gas tank skids, but for the transmission and t-case skids you'll have to install the super-nifty PITA DC nut-serts. These will go into hexagonal holes in the frame and then you'll mount the skids using them. All of the items should also come with those wonderful, cutting-edge German-type pictorial installation instructions; very minimal writing, but lost of pretty line drawings \:D/ As far as the front bumper goes, I think you'll need to cut the sections out, but it should be thin plastic at those points and easy to get thru.

I wrote a thread a while back on installation instructions for just about every option you can get, you might look thru these before ordering just to be sure you know what it's all going to take. If you have any more questions just post up - there's plenty of people who've already been there and done that!

Lizzys07Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good stuff with that page you made! Got that thing bookmarked now!
I'm sure I'll chime in with more questions as the parts arrive, but certainly appreciate the early advice and help \:D/

Thanks again!

02LibertyLimitedChick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Forgive me, I didn't see it posted here....does anyone have a basic how-to on how to install a Bull Bar? I ordered one and it's coming in the next two days and I'd feel better if I had a basic outline ahead of time. Thanks!

Lizzys07Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding the tow hook (front) install.

The instructions appear to be for the older style bumper, where the fog lights are integrated into the bumper itself.
http://site.justforjeeps.com/guide/82206124.pdf
Whereas, for my Liberty at least, the bumper is a little different, as the fog lights are built into the grill.

So, if you take a look at this dealer stock photo, it appears that the bumper doesn't need to be cut out...but to my understanding the perforated notches in the bumper (just above the tow hooks in the below picture) I thought it was basically the "guidelines" for where to cut the plastic to install them? :-k

Any ideas...or anybody with a newer Sport that has installed them?

Thanks everybody!

You must be registered for see images

02LibertyLimitedChick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
02LibertyLimitedChick said:
Forgive me, I didn't see it posted here....does anyone have a basic how-to on how to install a Bull Bar? I ordered one and it's coming in the next two days and I'd feel better if I had a basic outline ahead of time. Thanks!

anybody?

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score

anybody?
Which one are you getting (brand/type)? Might be able to track something down with more info. I believe most of the bars made for the Liberty use the front tow hook mounting points, so it shouldn't be too difficult to do.

plchapy

Reaction score
car lighter

hi i would like to add another car lighter in my liberty but i want to shut the current with my key how can i do that because the only power source on mine is always on and its not good when i plug my gps it doesnt shut off when i leave the truck
thanks

JFIVE

Reaction score
Rotors

Can someone please explain how to change my rotors on my 02 Jeep Liberty...thanks

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: Rotors

JFIVE said:
Can someone please explain how to change my rotors on my 02 Jeep Liberty...thanks
Jack vehicle up,remove whell/tire,remove 2 12mm bolts holding calipher on and tie up out of the way,remove pads,remove 2 bolts holding the calipher mount to the knuckel(21 mm I think),and then remove rotor.