HOW TO PERFORM A CLEVIS LIFT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tiovtec

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am pretty new to my libby (and the forum) and I've been reading about the clevis lift.. HOw do I perform this?? I just ordered a DAYSTAR 2.5" lift (spacers) and I want to know if there is any advantage if I perform the clevis lift and how do I do it? If you guys have any pics, I would greatly appreciate it!

tiovtec

Reaction score
so basically the conduit nuts serve as additional spacers on the shock mount right? please pardon my insistance... ](*,)

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
tiovtec said:
so basically the conduit nuts serve as additional spacers on the shock mount right? please pardon my insistance... ](*,)

Yea it goes in between the strut and the lower fork. I never used the spacer, but not a bad idea.

Bennett

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett said:
I never used the spacer, but not a bad idea.
Yeah, that way if you didn't get things *quite* tight enough it won't slip down on you in the middle of a run and throw your front suspension all wonky...

Eddo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never used the spacers either. The conduit nut only work on the Old Man Emu/Rusty's struts. The lip on the stock struts and the Rancho's is not large enough and the conduit nut just slip right over.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The conduits WILL work on the Ranchos, I have them on mine, they will slip over the little lip but just put a couple more on to where they slip over, not a problem.

scoobybri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No...conduit nuts are in the electrical department. With all of the electrical conduit boxes, etc. Just look where all of the electrical contractor supplies are.

NomadKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hauntedyards said:
I was HomeDepot yester (for other things) and I couldn't find 2" conduit nuts... are they in the fencing dept? They weren't in plumbing... grrr

Electrical

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never used the spacers either. The conduit nut only work on the Old Man Emu/Rusty's struts. The lip on the stock struts and the Rancho's is not large enough and the conduit nut just slip right over.

So this does not work on the stock struts? I was going try this out along with some upper rear isolator pads for the rear suspension.

myjeepwalks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it should work on stock struts, just need a few extra.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online