Headliner removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

precoislen

Reaction score
Need some help on pulling the headliner down on an 2004 KJ, right above the rear view mirror. I need to only pull it down enough to hold on to some screws that I am going to use to mount an warning lighting.

Thanks in Advance.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Can't really help you, however, I will tell you, please use a rubber glove of some type, kinda like the ones at the hospital.

The only screws/connectors I know of that hold in the headliner are the ones on the visors, on both sides, the rear grab handles as well...

farwellbooth

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dropped the entire headliner to put in a roof mount lcd sreen....

To drop the front you need to take out the EVIC if you have one, the sun visors (including the attachments where they snap close), the A-pillars (my 02 require a Torx, maybe different on newer models, and you may need to pull the headliner over some of the rubber trim in the door seal.

There is rubber tubing that runs up the passenger A pillar and is glued to the headliner which provides wiper fluid to the rear. There should be plenty of slack to accomplish what you're doing.

If you have lighted mirrors on your visors there will also be wires for the lights that run through the headliner where the visors attach. You most likely won't have to undo the wires however there is a plug at the headliner intersection of you need to.