HOW TO: Find a How-To not listed here & Forum Guidelines

Discussion in 'How To' started by Bennett, Dec 10, 2004.

1. Snail Farmer

Snail Farmer Full Access Member

It's an easy install. It just plugs into the 10 pin cd changer jack on the back of the factory deck.

2. seraph037

seraph037 New Member

Need Help!

I really need to know how to change/(install aftermarket)/fix horn. my horn works when i push the lock button on my keyfob, but does not i push on the steering wheel. this is preventing me from passing state inspection, and when i tried to have a mechanic check it out he said it was "the clockspring and will cost around 400$". I do not have the cash to spare to fix a button, so am looking for a DIY solution. I have searched online, but my google seems to be broken because i have had no luck. :mad3:I would greatly appreciate any help you guys can give me!

BTW: I am not sure if i posted this in the correct place as this is my first time posting here, but i do love this forum!

3. Hedsic

Hedsic Full Access Member

I would like to see a how-to for installing an ARB Airl locker. I am not sure if this is something that must be professionaly done or what. If not, I would like to see how. idealy you would just get it done while regearing I know but it would be nice for knoweldge sake to see a how to for it.

4. toofarr4you

toofarr4you New Member

looking to install a boost gauge on my 06 libby CRD

5. Gyro

Gyro Full Access Member

6. TheZombieNinja3

TheZombieNinja3 Full Access Member

I would like to learn how to change the front wheel bearings(both driver and passenger) Mine both need it and I would like to do it myself.

7. Kapox

Kapox New Member

I'd like to learn how to replace the oil pressure sensor.

Hello everybody, I'm looking for a detailed guide to do this. I'm having a little leak of oil trough the oil pressure sensor, but not having any pressure loss, so I won't replace it, just put a new gasket on it. But I don't know whick socket do I have to use to unscrew the sensor. I've saw in a youtube video that is a 27mm socket but I used it and it doesn't fit, so I read it's the 1 1/16" deep socket that I have to use, but I want to be sure. Any help will be priceless. Thanks.

8. uss2defiant

uss2defiant Full Access Member

I don't recall seeing a gasket on my replacement mopar oil pressure sender.
    You'll probably need a deep socket for it.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2015
  9. Kapox

Kapox New Member

Sorry I didn't meant gasket, I'll try to seal it wth some red silicone. If it doesn't work, I'll have to buy a new one I think, thanks.

10. uss2defiant

uss2defiant Full Access Member

my replacement had thread sealant on it already.
    Not sure if you'd want to try RTV on it.
    May be on the outside?

11. M38 Bob

M38 Bob Full Access Member

Kapok, you're wasting your time. OP senders don't go thousands of miles then suddenly start leaking at the threads. It'll be leaking through an internal seal and needs replaced before you have catastrophic oil loss.

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

12. M38 Bob

M38 Bob Full Access Member

Don't have to. Be a Nobel winner, just basic tools and a willingness to bust an occasional knuckle.

Brake assembly must be removed, axle nut ( pretty big, make sure you have a socket and break over bar that'll fit before starting), then remove 3-4 bolts on back of spindle that hold bearing in place. A torque wrench is mandatory when retightening axle nut.

Bob

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

13. jp7794

jp7794 Full Access Member

I see new U-Joints in my future. I searched but couldn't find anything on pulling the drive shaft and replacing the U-Joints. Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2016
  14. Iceman77

Iceman77 New Member

cutting fenders

I can't seem to find any pictures and how to's on how to cut/trim the front fenders.

Thank you
    TJ

15. islandjeepster

islandjeepster New Member

I have 06 liberty and mechanic said I need a new steering shaft. I would like to see a how to replace it with and explanation of each part; lower, middle and upper shaft because these parts are expensive and sold separately but parts guy wants to sell you all three as one unit and maybe I only need one of them ? lots of slop when I grab rubber boot just above where steering shaft attaches to rack and pinion shaft. Thanks

16. ScamSurvivor

ScamSurvivor New Member

My apologies for not seeing/understanding what this thread was earlier.

I have an 06 Jeep Liberty 3.7l 2WD Sport.

Looked for how to change the radiator and water pump but had no luck and ended up documenting my experiences in a How To thread in case it was useful to another first timer. I was going to add photos later but not sure if that's appropriate, happy to take direction :).

What I was searching for this time was how to replace brakes/rotors/calipers. I've seen enough on similar models (2002 and 2004 etc) but given there were differences in the radiator/water pump/coolant flush demos wondered if there was anything on the 2006 anywhere?

17. deepjeep

deepjeep New Member

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and I am looking for a 'How to' on replacing the entire battery cable and terminal on a 2004 Jeep Liberty. The current terminal was so corroded that it's about to fall apart and off of the battery, and of course the 2004 Liberty has a non-generic terminal connection to the wire. If I cut the current terminal, which has an extra 2-3 inch copper plate feed, there is not enough wire to connect a generic terminal and still reach the battery post. So, I'm looking for a 'How to' to prepare myself for any unforeseen problems and/or advice on anything tricky that I need to watch out for when removing the base of the battery cable from the starter and attaching the new cable and terminal (1 piece). Thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

Davey

18. chuckthetekkie

chuckthetekkie New Member

Replace 2006 Front Driver Side Door Lock Actuator

I need to know not only how to replace the front driver side door lock actuator but where to get the part as every place I've checked only carry the right side but I need the left side.

19. J33Pfan

J33Pfan Full Access Member

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018