Horn Chirp on an "EVIC-less" 05

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed I am not able to disable the horn chirp on my 2005 KJ when activating the alarm by remote using the instructions in the manual.

I see that I'm not the only one who is having this experience according to the "HOW TO: Tweak your Keyless Entry settings" discussion, but that discussion's last post was a few months ago (ended).

Since then I was wondering if anyone ever figured it out...or is it hopeless?

Thanks.

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
dunno if it's all different for the 05
but I was able to disable my horn chirp that way...took me a few times..but i got it

cremeansb

Reaction score
This is driving me nuts too with my '05 Renegade. Anyone had any luck?

](*,)

JeepnJer

Reaction score
eddiev9 said:
I noticed I am not able to disable the horn chirp on my 2005 KJ when activating the alarm by remote using the instructions in the manual.

I see that I'm not the only one who is having this experience according to the "HOW TO: Tweak your Keyless Entry settings" discussion, but that discussion's last post was a few months ago (ended).

Since then I was wondering if anyone ever figured it out...or is it hopeless?

Thanks.

Same problem on my '05, although I have no alarm. Tried repeatedly. Possibly a programming problem in the BCM? If I ever install an EVIC, I'll try the horn disable using the EVIC.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried doing the disable on my mom's '05 and couldn't get it to work. Kinda weird since it worked just fine on my '03. I agree that it could be something in the BCM. Guess I'll check with the stealership to see if they have any input.

cremeansb

Reaction score
I found this on another site and verified that the horn chirp can be disabled using this method:

Door lock 4 seconds, panic button = disable / enable horn chirp

Make sure you keep the lock button held down when you press the panic button.

Here are some other ones that I havent tried:

Door unlock 4 seconds, lock = drive side only unlocks
Door unlock 4 seconds, window unlock = all doors unlock
Door unlock 4 seconds, panic button = panics

Door lock 4 seconds, unlock = unknown
Door lock 4 seconds, window unlock = disable / enable ligh flash

Window unlock 4 seconds, unlock = 2 click, open rear window
Window unlock 4 seconds, lock = 1 click, open rear window
Window unlock 4 seconds, panic button = panics

jelohead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i couldnt get mine to stop chirping either, so i went to the dealer, who i've had very good experiences with in the service dept.....they reprogrammed it lickity split. i didnt ask how/what they did

JeepnJer

Reaction score
cremeansb said:
I found this on another site and verified that the horn chirp can be disabled using this method:

You lucked out... all I got was the panic horn blaring. Pressing the panic button a second time silenced that. So apparently some of our BCM's need reprogramming as per jelohead. I always use the lock-all button on the door anyway.

I've never heard anyone on any forums comment about the old-fashioned style post locks next to the window. I don't see the point.
It's a step backwards. Makes it easier for some uninvited person to enter the passenger side when the window is down! Think about it. I'm a jeeper... I like to drive with the front windows down, even in city traffic.

eddiev9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
cremeansb said:

Wow! It worked! As I walked toward the Jeep this morning I pressed the 'lock' button and held it down (*chirp!*)...after about five seconds I pressed the 'Panic' button (still holding the 'lock' button), and I can hear the door locks shifting (to lock position) and see the interior lights turn on (no *chirps*). I press 'unlock' to get inside, drive it to work, and when I got out I presssed 'lock' and...silence.

THANKS!!!!!

cremeansb

Reaction score
It took me two tries to get it right, so don't give up if it doesn't work the first time. 4 seconds in the minimum to hold down the lock button, then while still holding it down press the panic button. \:D/

Latest posts

Members online