Hood ram air or louvers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The KJ would benefit far more from cowl induction than ram air....unless you're trying to make max HP for drag racing, for which purpose I hope you would've had the good sense to choose something a little faster and slightly more aerodynamic...

IF you are looking for heat transfer during low-speed offroad operations then hood louvers would be the obvious choice since they don't depend so much on vehicle velocity as ram air and cowl induction...

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Generally " ram air" forces air into the engine compartment for better breathing of the engine ( if set up correctly)
Louvers are to vent hot air out of the engine bay
Two totally different things
I have hood louvers, Pontiac GTP hood louvers as a matter of fact :icon_lol:
question about the louvers. i also think they look bad ass and thought of putting some on mine. question is, during rain, does it allow the engine to get wet from the hood? not exactly sure. i assume yes, and if so have you had any problems with it?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
question about the louvers. i also think they look bad ass and thought of putting some on mine. question is, during rain, does it allow the engine to get wet from the hood? not exactly sure. i assume yes, and if so have you had any problems with it?

Well I know some with the " store bought ones" have had issues
Never had one issue with the GTP louvers though in all of the years they have been on mine. The size being smaller has helped a lot I do believe