Hitch Wiring - generic 12N socket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thecivvie

Reaction score
I have added a Bosal swan neck hitch to my CRD and am about to wire it in using a standard 7 pin 12N socket. Anyone done this or any problems that anyone can see, will not be towing loads of weight just a small trailer for straw

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you using the Mopar 7pin plug? If so, then that will work out great..

That hitch probably will not have the mounting that you need for the plug. You can order a plastic piece from etrailer that will work.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where did you get it and what brand is it?

There are a few kits that wire into the taillights and they seem to work out ok. I like the ones that plug into stock wiring harness though.

joeg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wired mine with a kit from Etrailer. It plugs into the wire harness behind the tail lights instead of inside cargo area. Basically it's the same connections except installed a little further downstream than the cargo area install. No cutting, splicing, etc.......unit plugs into factory wire harness and works just fine.. Took about 30 min to do.

thecivvie

Reaction score
Got it from the shop that sold me the hitch. There is no name just the socket with a 7 core wire coming from it. Saying that I found on ebay This so if I get it even better