HID Convertion Kits

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paco29toy

Reaction score
what is the best HID conversion kit in the market for the KJs?
I'm thinking about doing this on my 04 kj.
any comments will help.

thanks,

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your best bet is to shop around the internet. The bulb your looking for is 9007 bi xenon so you can have high beams. HIDs were the first thing i put in my kj and ive had them for 3 years already and no problems. I forget what brand they are. The only thing i hated about them was instead of a mounting bracket they came with a not so sticky adhesive on the ballasts. I know everybody on here is gonna say they dont focus right or they're illegal. Mine are pretty focused and the cops by me stopped giving a crap about them. They're not such a big deal with law enforcement as they used to be. At least where i live they're not

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

wmcreyno

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're gonna do it, do it properly.
Get yourself a set of projector HIDs from another car with decent ones and do a retro-fit
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f201/projector-headlights-pics-inside-48327/

Check out this forum:
Retrofit Techniques: Mounting & Alignment

X2 ive never done a HID coversion on a KJ however ive done it on other vehicles..... don't be a ****** and put HID bulbs in your halogen projectors.... you will blind everyone you pass and it is illegal..... you can however retrofit HID projectors into your halogen housing... this guy put projectors in his factory housing:
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f196/projector-hid-headlights-kj-43730/

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.