Here you go...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How so? They don't make awesome jeeps like mine anymore. "Did" implies past tense; I don't speak the queen's english :D

Yeah, well, mine has them and it's pretty bad ass.:D:mad:

We're debating getting rid of the old nag. Australia did it and if those convicts can so can we.

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, well, mine has them and it's pretty bad ass.:D:mad:

We're debating getting rid of the old nag. Australia did it and if those convicts can so can we.

I will concede and agree with "do".

And it's 'bout damn time. I don't see any canucks sippin' tea and eating crumpets. :D

CRD Joe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It seems to me that when moving to an SFA you need to think about some things. Its all about comprimise. How big a tire can you get while keeping the vehicles center of gravity as LOW as possible??? Maybe SFA people should work around a 35" tire??? Kep the suspension as low as reasonable for that tire.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Um, what's a crumpet? Sounds ****.

Some sort of pastry....

It seems to me that when moving to an SFA you need to think about some things. Its all about comprimise. How big a tire can you get while keeping the vehicles center of gravity as LOW as possible??? Maybe SFA people should work around a 35" tire??? Kep the suspension as low as reasonable for that tire.

Neatus centered his around a 33" tire.

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I swear to you all, the next rene I see being driven by a Mall crawling mom...I'm following her shopping so i can take off the skids and give them a proper home while she's shopping.

That seems to be the case here too. Plenty of KJs even some lifted and one with an ARB (not me, yet), but it seems as if all the Renegades are driven by women.

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
Jeep marketers are geniuses. Look how many people still can't get that Renegade is an appearance package... Granted it was a fine appearance package (on the '05 and newers especially) but nonetheless...:D Skids were optional on them, just like on the others.

The downside,IMHO, of all SFA KJ's is how high you have to lift them to fit a mid-sized tire. They already have a pretty high roof line and then you have to put them 19' in the air to run 33's ( most common) or 35's at the max on them. You have to lift the crap out of XJ's to get decent tires,too, but at least their cramped quarters keeps the roofline lower.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yep to install 32/33s on a XJ you have to jack them quite a bit, but then the roof line is still lower than say what mine is ??!!!!:eek:
I want to do a SFA with 40s, front axle moved ahead 3 to 5 inches, rear moved back 5 also. Full width axles of course.
I'll have wildman do some minor trimming for me :D:D:Dnono.gif
If you're going to do it go way big

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that plate is from idaho???? looks so much like ohio, being so close to ohio, we see them and wv plates all the time

eyehatetofu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look pretty similar:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images attach

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jeep marketers are geniuses. Look how many people still can't get that Renegade is an appearance package... Granted it was a fine appearance package (on the '05 and newers especially) but nonetheless...:D Skids were optional on them, just like on the others.

The downside,IMHO, of all SFA KJ's is how high you have to lift them to fit a mid-sized tire. They already have a pretty high roof line and then you have to put them 19' in the air to run 33's ( most common) or 35's at the max on them. You have to lift the crap out of XJ's to get decent tires,too, but at least their cramped quarters keeps the roofline lower.

Yep to install 32/33s on a XJ you have to jack them quite a bit, but then the roof line is still lower than say what mine is ??!!!!:eek:
I want to do a SFA with 40s, front axle moved ahead 3 to 5 inches, rear moved back 5 also. Full width axles of course.
I'll have wildman do some minor trimming for me :D:D:Dnono.gif
If you're going to do it go way big
Not to be rude but.................

5" of lift to fit 35" tires on a XJ.................
You must be registered for see images

Granted some cutting required:D

Now the XJ is already a SFA rig which makes it easier to keep lower and add bigger tires.The KJ was never designed for a SFA,it's like trying to fit 100lbs of s**t in a 5lbs bag,I'm not joking either.I takes alot of work to get everything under there and work correctly,which means it does have to go higher then what I would like but 9" is the minimum,tried for 6"-7" but that was not going to happen.

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh i know after the first post that said it was idaho, i just wanted to bust the ball$ of ohio people lol. Its a pittsburgh thing ya know

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
oh i know after the first post that said it was idaho, i just wanted to bust the ball$ of ohio people lol. Its a pittsburgh thing ya know
Living in Pitts...ville you have to try and do something to make yourself look good for sure.
Been there enough to know.
Even one of my Ex's lives there, I think number 3 she was

Members online

No members online now.