Here She Is After Frankenlift & Duratracs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TomAllyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My camera phone doesn't do a very good job and my photography skills are very good anyway.:mexsmoke: I had to share with you all after all the patient and excellent advice I've received from you all.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome looking Jeep.

Dave

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it does look pretty high up front...what is your center of hub to fender measurement?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
With a Frankenlift you'll get at least 4 and sometimes 4.25 inches of lift , one of the reasons its a must to run the JBA UCAs on it. ( Unless they have changed them recently) Takes a long time to fully break a Franky in as well . Have to really take them out and twist them up good to fully seat everything.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why I mentioned about the height. I was thinking in another thread that OP was expecting about 2" of lift to 2.5"

The lift and KJ look great though. I like the height it's sitting at right now. regear it and put some 32's on and I think it'd be perfect.

Last edited:

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's why I mentioned about the height. I was thinking in another thread that OP was expecting about 2" of lift to 2.5"

The lift and KJ look great though. I like the height it's sitting at right now. regear it and put some 32's on and I think it'd be perfect.

Thats why I questioned it when he said he was going with the Frankenlift so he wouldn't have to buy Als A arms. We need some measurement center of hub to bottom edge of flare. I'm guessing 3 1/2" front 2 1/2" rear.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Funny how it works out, someone asks how to get 2 or 2.5 inches of lift, lots of info shared and the next thing you know they've went 180 and bought something totally different. Not the first time, won't be the last , but we all still try to help don't we :shrug:..................:happy175:

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
His KJ looks great nice color that blue!
Talking about color...I see some red in his future..
50305[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

If you go over a speed bump quick and you hear a bang..it is the coil spring getting whacked by the stock A-arm.....
Not much room between coil spring and stock A-Arm, Much better with JBA.4.5s though and better alignment.

Attachments

• RedisgoodJBA45.jpg
    RedisgoodJBA45.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So he didn't get the JBA UCAs with the Franky????
Thought that was discussed or am I thinking of someone else :shrug:

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So he didn't get the JBA UCAs with the Franky????
Thought that was discussed or am I thinking of someone else :shrug:

No it was discussed. He said in the other post that when he called All J that they told him it would be about 2-2.5" of lift with the Frankenlift and that they told him for the Frankenlift he would not need to upgrade to the JBA UCA's if I remember correctly. :shrug:

I'm prettt sure this is the same guy anyway.

either way the lift looks great.. Just start saving and get those A-Arms replaced ASAP and just don't go offroad at all.

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, but this actually doesn't matter any more, because I've made up my mind and am going to get the Frankenlift. Matter of fact I wasn't able to contact All J until 4:00 yesterday, but Heather emailed me last night that even though today is Saturday she is going to call me to take my order some time this morning.

I really appreciate everyone's help and the awesome knowledge of tommudd. I almost feel the need to apologize for not going with JBA, but being told I need an $395+ part that is completely unnecessary is actually what made up my mind.

I'll likely buy skid plates from JBA - as even though I don't plan on ******** wheeling I want the protection just for the peace of mind.

Same guy :emotions34:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
mmmmm interesting
1200 for Franky
1400 for Econo kit which includes everything including the UCAs etc :shrug:

As long as he is happy who else matters right?? :icon_lol:

TomAllyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I questioned the folks at Al J's regarding this lift and I was told twice once by a gentleman and once by a lady there that this lift would only be a 2.5" lift. I was also specifically told that I absolutely would not need JBA a-arms with this lift. If that is not true I will be contacting them to rectify the situation and I live close enough if legal remedies become necessary. Both the boulderbars.com website and two of their employees said it is a 2.5" lift.

I did not disregard the advice I received here. However, I not make my purchase from JBA specifically, because I was told by JBA that I would require A-arms for their 2.5" lift by the JBA representative. However, that was contradicted by tommudd and one Hedsic more than once. I was not comfortable with making my purchase from someone who tried to sell me parts that were unnecessary.

When All J's people said the same thing I was told by both Hedsic and tommudd about not needing JBA A-arms because it would only lift 2.5" I went with them as I was under the impression I was not being B.S'd about needing JBA a-arms the way I was when I called JBA to place my order.

Last edited: