help with this

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Stay away from the spacer lifts,sure they are cheaper but will cost more in the long run.Just get some OME HD coils(927's front,948's for the rear) and some Rancho 17505 front struts and some Rancho 17004 rear shocks.That will give you about 2"+ of lift and a very good ride for about $500 in total price,then if you need have them install it,they will charge the same price no matter the lift.If I remember they will charge about $300-$400 to install a lift on a KJ.

Reaction score
$900 is alot of $$. i would take a chance and do it my self and have someone check it instead of paying extra $400

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
how will spacers cost more over time?
They will wear out your springs/struts/shocks sooner,the OTT spacer lifts can damage your struts if you do not install extended bumpstops,which you will need no mater what lift you get.Might as well do it right the first time and you'll be much happier and have more money in the long run.A $1000 for a lift(2"-3") is on par with other lifts for other vehicles for the same lift height,even a little cheaper.Then to make sure you get back into proper alignment specs you'll need JBA's UCA's,there better then the OEM UCA's that will wear faster(from torn balljoint boots that a lift can cause) and fail.

So in short a OME lift with Rancho struts/shocks,JBA's UCA's,F/R extended bumpstops will run you about $900 and then what ever install/alignment costs.A bargin for quaility parts that won't let you down and last a long time.

Reaction score
this is only going to be temporary. like for the summer and fall. after that im getting a real one. maybe sooner than fall if i can get the $$

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is only going to be temporary. like for the summer and fall. after that im getting a real one. maybe sooner than fall if i can get the $$
Then it would be better and more cost effective to wait till you have the money and use the money you have now to fix your "Y" pipe and get some better armor,skids,tow points,and rails.Since armor/tow points is more important then the lift anyway.Why buy 2 lifts when you can get the good one if you wait a little longer?

Reaction score
i have mopar rok rails and front and rear tow hooks. the y pipe is getting fixed before anything. thats also why im selling all that stuff. y pipe then im getting a lift from wes (swampthing) next week, then im getting that flowmaster super 44 off-road series, then the 2 skids i need from rock lizard, then a real lift, then bigger tires.

Reaction score
the spacer is a 3" spacer and it will be almost free. i wont put it on untill a few weeks before i wheel again. so late May or early June

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
go with whatever it seems like there has been mention of what the best bang for the buck is here and over on LOST and you want to try it your way so whatever!! If you would of wanted a junk spacer lift I have had one laying in my garage that someone gave me I would of gave it to you since they are junk! But then no I would not have due to the fact that I would not want to let some one destroy their vehicle with something I gave them!

jeepkj02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would not go with a 3" spacer. Swmpthing's rig is highly modified to accommodate that lift combo. A 3" spacer will kill all your suspension components and CV's. Like Troy said, get a OME lift and be done with it the first time. I have OME Medium springs and Rancho shocks and love the ride. The OME rear shocks you linked to is another great choice.

Reaction score
87% sure i'll have a job in the next few days that'll pay atleast $7 an hour. i gave a ride to one of my friends and he got me an interview and now im coming highly reccomended to the owner by a manager and shift manager. the spacers will be on for a month. max 2.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
waste of time just to be lifted for a short time go OME when you can and save your money.

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but dont go through rustys for the coils, they have a bad rep when i ordered my coils i saw that price and went through them and waited 2weeks and i hadnt got them so i called and they said they wouldnt be getting them for another 2weeks and then another 2weeks for me to get them they have crappy service, although i did get the shocks from them they are just the N132 not the N132L but they work fine

ripper42

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.4wheelparts.com/off-road/lift-kits-suspensions.aspx

i may have them install a spacer kit. what do you guys think is the best kind of lift from the ones they have there?

also does anyone know the exhaust pipe size of the liberty? i want one of these

http://www.performancecenter.com/mufflers/flowmaster-super-44-two-chamber-muffler
i would get the daystar pucks that what i have. 4 wheel part is a good shop my uncle manger of the one austin Texas. Exhaust is a 2.5in i think. that flowmater super 44 is going to drone