Help painting bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could give me some help or insight on painting my new bumper?

I planned to get it powder coated but am unable to find anywhere locally that is still around that does it.

I'm going in Monday to get my tonsils out. Due to my age I hear I'll be out if commission for a while so I'm hoping to at least get some of the prep/paint done today and tomorrow. I'm new to painting stuff so I don't even know what all to use or where to start. The bumper is steel so something to prevent rust obviously.

Any help, tips, product advise would be nice. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hedsic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also I was considering something like the roll on Herculiner or something but I wasn't sure what all prep I would need, how easy it would be to paint the nooks and crannies, and if bedliner would even really work on a bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd use a self etching primer then some sort of brush on/roll on paint. Bedliner could work, but it kinda chips easily and starts to look dirty.