help me pick some A/Ts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05renny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Friend had a set of those
he had problems in 4 wheel drive going where I did in two wheel
Never been a fan of the Grabbers at all
But some like them

I have to completely disagree. Turbogokart and I both have the grabbers and we are able to go where most cant. In all the little snow squalls we have had here we would go out and pull people out of the ditches when the snow was 4+ inches, and the tires would just bite and pull everyone out. Last weekend at southington in the SAND DUNES (which most cant say they have had their tires in) the tires performed amazing, even at a higher (then you should in sand) 30psi. Two days ago in Delaware we drove about .5 miles in a stream with very large rocks that we had to go over. The grabbers (both his and mine) performed amazing. These tires get you through just about anything. Check my instagram and you will see all the work that we do- not just talk about it. Instagram = **** ruslter

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
Well i knew what came on the Jeep from factory was garbage...so.......

It's a matter of grip and feel, really. The RWD Jeep grips almost as well as my mother's AWD Milan V6 with Michelins on it.

That Milan has the same Michelins on it as ThunderbirdJunkie's wife's Fusion, and those tires S U C K. You're not making a very good case for yourself.

dude1116

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That Milan has the same Michelins on it as ThunderbirdJunkie's wife's Fusion, and those tires S U C K. You're not making a very good case for yourself.

They're not from factory...

All I know is I can't get that thing to spin any of the wheels, even on the wet. The Jeep I can BARELY get to drift anymore.

Last edited:

05renny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a pic of the jeep with Grabber AT2, 245/70/16 stock height Renegade

You must be registered for see images attach

And then here is a pic with the OME kit.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I have to completely disagree. Turbogokart and I both have the grabbers and we are able to go where most cant. In all the little snow squalls we have had here we would go out and pull people out of the ditches when the snow was 4+ inches, and the tires would just bite and pull everyone out. Last weekend at southington in the SAND DUNES (which most cant say they have had their tires in) the tires performed amazing, even at a higher (then you should in sand) 30psi. Two days ago in Delaware we drove about .5 miles in a stream with very large rocks that we had to go over. The grabbers (both his and mine) performed amazing. These tires get you through just about anything. Check my instagram and you will see all the work that we do- not just talk about it. Instagram = **** ruslter

Have you ever driven with a set of Duratracs on the KJ?
I've had Destination ATs / Kumho KL78s / Goodyear MTRs / BFG ATs / and now the Duratracs on mine trying to find what I wanted, Duratracs do the best overall. Oh also drove another KJ with the Grabbers and lead him through some wheeling in Indiana and Kentucky
So glad your happy with yours but........................

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Could be driving style dependent too... 'cause I always liked my BFG AT's. I've been through 2 sets of them - one on my old Ranger, and one on the KJ. Nice on-road manners, really good longevity, and did better than those last set of MTR's I had offroad.

I typically find something I like and that works well for me, and stick with them.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be driving style dependent too... 'cause I always liked my BFG AT's. I've been through 2 sets of them - one on my old Ranger, and one on the KJ. Nice on-road manners, really good longevity, and did better than those last set of MTR's I had offroad.

I typically find something I like and that works well for me, and stick with them.

Those BFG A/T's were pretty good tires overall. Like you said, good on road manners with only a sleight hum, and real good longevity. The one thing I didn't like is the way they would clog good in the mud. But then as soon as you got on pavement they would just sling the mud everywhere.....haha.

I have run 3 sets of those in the past. (not on the KJ)

I know some don't like them but I had good luck with them also.

Dave

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
Yep. That's the only place I had issues with them too... that snot-consistency mud. lol3.gif Other than that, they served me well in all weather conditions.

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. That's the only place I had issues with them too... that snot-consistency mud. lol3.gif Other than that, they served me well in all weather conditions.

Yeah, snot-mud........that was it...LOL

Dave

05renny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you ever driven with a set of Duratracs on the KJ?
I've had Destination ATs / Kumho KL78s / Goodyear MTRs / BFG ATs / and now the Duratracs on mine trying to find what I wanted, Duratracs do the best overall. Oh also drove another KJ with the Grabbers and lead him through some wheeling in Indiana and Kentucky
So glad your happy with yours but........................

Yeah man, don't know what to tell you, I'm sure the duratracs are amazing, but I have zero issues in all conditions with these tires. You go off of experience, so do I. I'll start posting pics and vids and such- THREE liberties that ALL have Grabber at2's that get amazing traction. I heard nothing but amazing reviews on these tires and didn't disappoint. People like me that can't afford the duratracs have a very good option in the grabber at2s. They are super cost effective.

Videos:
Conditions were suuuuper sloppy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFxh6EUQQlw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qVYzGac0giY

Oh, and I'll put this one here too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sDgY4untOEQ

All three liberties have grabber at2s

Last edited:

yellocoyote

Administrator
Reaction score
The last set of tires I had... the MTR's that I got with my Moabs, and that weren't the dealership specials... those things were the worst! That's my point of reference when it comes to a bad tire. They were marketed for off-road use, and weren't even worth a damn there... let alone on the pavement. :disgust:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I used to sell and run BFGs on everything I owned
Heck even ran them when I was a Regional Manager for Goodyear back in the 80s
Then I found much better tires for the same price
Problem with the BFGs is they haven't kept up with the times
and the Grabbers are just cheap knock offs of the BFGs