Help from RRO slider owners?????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

steepcreekfreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To anyone who has the rro sliders. Did you have a hard time with the front bolt mounts? Where mine are sitting I can't get the fronts bolted. The weld form on the U-channel is in the way. I think my sliders may be for a 05-06 not for my 03. I snapped a 5/16'' drill bit trying #-o :-# . Even if I drill though the weld I still won't be able to get the nuts on the bolt!! If I could move it down an inch then I coould brill through the flat steel plate below the u, but I can't move it much more than an 1/8'' without losening the bolts on the pinch seam and torqueing it. Then the siders are not level!!! ](*,)

thinking about resolving it with a little welding

Thanks for your help!!

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The sliders for an '04 is the same as the '02-'03. The '05 would be easy to spot, the slider is about 1 1/2" longer each end and would hang out past the flares front and back on the earlier rigs.
The frame mounts should be identical I believe.

steepcreekfreak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oops I edited it. I meant 05-06.

How far does the front bracket on yours go down to the mounting holes? Mine is about a 1/2 from the bracket. I can't gkeep it level if I move it down to where I can drill. It tilts the whole slider up toward the body. I need to pull it down 3/4'' to 1 ''. Then it does not sit flush against the pinch seam and the foot does not sit flush on the frame. Looks like Sh#t. I will also impact on the edge of the slider not the flat surface and I think it may twist my pinch weld. Not good if I rupture that weld.