Help for a Jeep noob. Need instructions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Not for highway use

Reaction score
Hi All,
Need to lift my Jeep so already ordered OME springs and shocks (FYI $AU1350)
But.......
I'm reading all about clevis lifts, pucks, spacers etc. Are there some links or good (I'm pretty simple :emotions34:) step by step instructions on how to do all these?
Thanks in advance.

jeeplib05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Clevis lift is adding or spacing out the top of the clevis fork from the base of the shock, providing lift
"Pucks" are used as new bumpstops in the rear as to not bottom out and blow your shocks, they bolt down to the lower spring perch
Spacers are what you don't want to use at all so don't worry about those

For clevis lift, just measure the amount of lift you want (actual lift given will be double what you measure) and loosen the upper clevis bolt, slide down and tighten
Then hockey pucks, drill hole in the center of the lower spring perch and bolt two of them down (if going with 2.5" of lift)

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
clevis lift is adding or spacing out the top of the clevis fork from the base of the shock, providing lift
"pucks" are used as new bumpstops in the rear as to not bottom out and blow your shocks, they bolt down to the lower spring perch
spacers are what you don't want to use at all so don't worry about those

for clevis lift, just measure the amount of lift you want (actual lift given will be double what you measure) and loosen the upper clevis bolt, slide down and tighten,not over 3/8 of an inch
then hockey pucks, drill hole in the center of the lower spring perch and bolt two of them down (if going with 2.5" of lift)

added some to his

Latest posts

Members online