Hello from the gulf

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zeotz

Reaction score
Hello fellow KJs, its my first jeep and its a 2006 KJ sport with 113K kms on it for what i think was a reasonably cheap price. i bought as a secondary car just to get in the desert dunes as i was a little bit nervous getting a new car into the dunes, being still a relative newbie.
a few issues already discovered when I went for the thorough check, but i guess i got in with my eyes wide open. roof rust; CV joints, rear arm bushings, crankshaft pulley and mounts, bumperstops, ... i really hope the list doesnt go on.

regardless, i plan to eventually do a lift kit (now its with some kind of an economical lift spacer as it look higher than the standard liberty models) ... but its so difficult to find one here i live unless ordering it online with superduper air freight charges.

i hope to learn all i can from this forum and the good people with all the great tips to make it a new adventure. see ya all soon.

RenKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome! Sounds like you got a bit of work to do, thats ok though, roof rust probably wont progress much in your climate im guessing? Also im jealous of the dunes you guys have out there.

Anyways the rear arms come as a complete unit and are relatively cheap, most people find its easier to replace than try to press out the bushings. Try to find good remanned CVs, im afraid im not sure whats available in your parts as far as brand. Do you mean the bump stops are falling apart or something?

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome Zeotz.

Dave

zeotz

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome! I didnt expect the forum to be so active.. its nice to know.

RenKJ - I got the bushings cuz the arm costs 4x more (usd400). .. and I agree its inconvenient as it needed a machinist to put in the bushing. Its now in the workshop.

The front bumper stop was missing.. and the rear ones look like a little crackly dried up rubber, do I really need to change it? .. It looks like it can still do the job.

The dunes here are awesome, powder fine in shades of white, gray orange Red.. but can be a little intimidating ... I am trying the easy ones first.. there are also some rocky trails towards the borders of UAE where you get a mix of both

In terms of parts, super difficult to find for the KJ locally... everyone stocks for JK but not KJ.

The rust on Roof caught me off guard cuz I didnt expect rust in this region.. so not sure if it will creep. Workshop quoted 300$ to tame it.. Probably I should?

For lift kits, I read a little bit in the forum.. is the consensus here to go with EMU or ironman? Any other recommendation? I think I wanna go for the springs and shocks system... Not just the spacer type.

nocTurNalX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to have you here on the board! Sure you got good playgrounds back there.

EMU is well-known here and should reliable for you, too!

Latest posts

Members online