Hello!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Voltaire

Gearhead libertarian; do and say what you want
Reaction score
I'm Mike, an old school gear-head. Love and hate working on all my vehicles myself. Found this forum last year when my brother gave me his "worn out" 2005 Beryl Green Liberty. Included was a bottle of anti-freeze and a stick to hold up the hood. Trailered it home, cleaned the fan connected contacts, bled the air out of the cooling system per instructions here, and after cleaning and refilling the system, she doesn't overheat anymore. After fresh plugs and coils and all the fluid changes she runs great. Rock Auto was awesome for all the other little parts needed.

I have to say I was surprised how well the little Jeep handles the backwoods and have bought a few parts cars to keep this one on the road for years to come.

ccg2301

Reaction score
Hi Mike, glad to welcome you to the forum. Hope you have found the forum useful and will for years to come.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums Mike.
The correct coolant for the KJ is Mopar Hoat coolant or Zerex G05 only.
If any other type of coolant has even been added, you should flush the entire system and use the HOAT.