Hello from southern ontario

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

desync0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm from Windsor, ON, just bought an 06 KJ Limited. Paid a bit more then I should have due truck values plummeting and getting killed on my trade, but it's showroom mint, and fully loaded minus leather, with only 47k on it (29k miles).

I was supposed to have it yesterday but I told them to fix the parking brake not engaging before I'd take delivery, and apparently they're replacing the entire assembly, and still waiting for parts. Here's hoping they install the updated assembly from the recall even though it's an auto.

Here's a dealer pic for now...

You must be registered for see images

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome. Nice jeep. Enjoy the site.

One thing though. Get rid of those tires and get some good A/T's or you will be slipping and sliding all over the place when it snows. I had the same ones on mine and had to take them off after I got into a couple of snow storms with them.

Dave

m_volyrakis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome!
What kind of rims are those? They look way too shinny!! :)

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
(welcome) fellow canuck!

Another 06 KJ...awesome!:D

No leather huh? You must have the 28/29F Limited which has cloth seats, Command-Trac

I agree on the tires. Wrangler HP are horrible!

Those rims are the optional 17" chrome clad wheels. I have em on my KJ. Very sexy:cool:

Last edited:

desync0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the welcomes!

Ya those goodyears are going to be one of the 1st things to go, I *HATE* goodyear tires, I've never had any luck with them on any vehicle I've owned.

It doesn't look like it's going to be fun finding a decent (in performance and price) A/T for the 17's though. Probably stuck with the goodyears until I get a lift, or pick up 15 or 16 inch rims instead.

Not sure which package it has, I tried emailing about a build sheet but I haven't heard anything yet. But according to http://www.lotpro.com/cars/2006/jeep/liberty/options/ it has everything in the 28G package, including the Selec-trac, except for leather.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya those goodyears are going to be one of the 1st things to go, I *HATE* goodyear tires, I've never had any luck with them on any vehicle I've owned.
+1

It doesn't look like it's going to be fun finding a decent (in performance and price) A/T for the 17's though. Probably stuck with the goodyears until I get a lift, or pick up 15 or 16 inch rims instead.
I got the Firestone Destination A/T in 235/65R17. Cost me 750$ installed. They are awesome. You can also get the Bridgestone Dueler Revo or Michelin LTX A/T2 which kick ass as well according to the reviews I've read.

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey there fellow Canuckian. Welcome to the coolest KJ resource around and greetings from Cold Lake, Alberta.

Too bad it ain't Black.:)

desync0

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I FINALLY have the Jeep in my possession, ebrake works great now, engages about half way up.

And you where right rage, I found the window sticker and it's a 28F, they went and added 4 grand in options to it, doesn't mention gear ratio or trac-loc though.

Anyone know if it was possible to add the infinity speakers and steering wheel controls, without the infinity amps? The stereo sounds like crap compared to the infinity system that came with my 02 ram.