Hello from Newbie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

azmotoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking, lurking...ah, what the heck. Seems you have a blast and I finally have my wife convinced the CRD will wheel. It's our turn to try! Located in Arizona (prime wheeling for me), rode dirt bikes until a couple of years ago, last 4X rig was a Daihatsu "Rocky" (I loved it). Looks as if some of you have worked out a lot of the problems I wanted to see answers to before committing to the dirt. DUUUUUUH! It's a Jeep, ain't it? Hope to make your acquaintance over time. Call me Mark.

cowpie1

Reaction score
Welcome aboard, Mark!

I drive for a living and therefore I hate to drive when off work, but my CRD Libby is a blast to drive! I haven't felt that way about a vehicle in a long time. It will go anywhere on our farm, it has the power to pull a number of different trailers we have, and it is just plain fun! We had a bunch of cattle get out yesterday, and I used the Libby to round them all back up and drive them back into the right field. Had a lot of mud on the Libby afterwards due to recent rains.

If you look at this and other forums, you might want to make a modification or two to your CRD. I am not talking about lifts, etc. There are a couple of things that Jeep didn't quite get right when they built the CRD. Crankcase ventilation hose immediately comes to mind.

Enjoy the ride!! \:D/

Cliff

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
ya pics2.gif would be nice, and WELCOME..

azmotoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, ALL. Will take the Crankcase Ventilation under advisement, Cliff. Priell3, started lurking on the L.O.S.T. sites last year. Still lurking. PICS? Uh, okay, we're headed out later today. Will make sure the camera is aboard, 2003KJ & hyedipin. Will have to study-up on how to upload them, too. Can't be any harder than other forums. Hope that didn't jinx it!

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
azmotoman said:
... started lurking on the L.O.S.T. sites last year. Still lurking.
Quit lurking and jump in, the waters great! Howdy from another AZ KJ owner. If you've got a hankering to get your CRD dirty look no further \:D/ And as posted earlier, be sure to check the AZ section over on L.O.S.T., or check out azlostkj.com. We also have the Fun In The Sun Run coming up in January, so you'd better plan on being there!

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are in a lucky place for using the KJ at its finest (AZ). Michigan is pretty dull but the snow is coming so I'm excited to play in that!!

Welcome to the site

azmotoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first thing to go: THE SILLY MUDFLAPS (if they don't get ripped off by a rock before I get to them). Never wheeled with an automatic ****** before this. Is it the ******, the 4,300 lbs. of mass @ that angle, CRD's torque or poor brakes?!?! Will the auto hold up under this kind of pressure? Will the brakes? Anyone know?
You must be registered for see images
[/img]
Wheelin' near Jerome, Arizona.

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The CRD wheels great, in low range you don't need any brakes, with the engine braking on the high compression engine you have to speed up going down hills more times than you'll believe.

azmotoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
RevTek 2" lift installed, Drove 4 hours today to pick up 5 Rubicon 16x8 w/MTR's on them. I'm whipped. Don't feel like installing them now. Will have to save it for the weekend.