Hello from a Northern Neighbour (yes there's a u in neighbour)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Function > Form

Reaction score
:emotions33: Hello all, just joining Jeep KJ after picking up my black 2003 Libby Sport.

Love the truck so far. I got a good deal on it, with 170,000 kms and a jingly transfer case...at least, it might be that, might only be a CV...don't think so though. It's horribly jingly, with some clacking in 4lo, light jingling in 2wd, but comes and goes while in 2wd.

I have a 242.

Attachments

• 20130827_194823.jpg
    20130827_194823.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 6

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
You betcha! ... this is a great place... but the spell checker will try and assimilate you :D

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome neighboUr, eh?................LOL

Dave

LibertyFever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the addiction known as Jeep.
Remember what it stands for;
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

:-D

So where are you in the Great White North? I too spell it as neighbour, heck I might be your neighbour. I live in northern NB.

Regarding your driveline noise. All I can recommend is to crawl under your Jeep and see if any of the driveline components have any play. Grab the driveshafts and try to move them. You may have a bad u-joint or CV joint.

Good Luck

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Function > Form

Reaction score
Nice to have you abouard! :favorites13:

LOL looks right to me.

Welcome to the addiction known as Jeep.
Remember what it stands for;
Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

:-D

So where are you in the Great White North? I too spell it as neighbour, heck I might be your neighbour. I live in northern NB.

Regarding your driveline noise. All I can recommend is to crawl under your Jeep and see if any of the driveline components have any play. Grab the driveshafts and try to move them. You may have a bad u-joint or CV joint.

Good Luck

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

I'm in Ottawa actually, but I was just around the Woodstock/Freddyville area last week for work. Sure was crazy there with the microburst and 2.5hrs of thunderstorms...lost power in Woodstock overnight in some places. Apparently lightning is uncommon there??!?

Cardhu

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your ordering that CV head from driveshaft parts tell them to ship it USPS so you don't get killed on brokerage, he gave me a price break as the "shipping" is more. However, no ups related brokerage, worked out to ~65 bucks or so.

Your jeeps a nice Colour

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Great tip Cardhu ... it cost me $115 to get it all the way up here. JBA will ship USPS as well ... found out a couple orders too late myself. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Function > Form

Reaction score
If your ordering that CV head from driveshaft parts tell them to ship it USPS so you don't get killed on brokerage, he gave me a price break as the "shipping" is more. However, no ups related brokerage, worked out to ~65 bucks or so.

Your jeeps a nice Colour

If I had time I would've done that, but I travel quite a bit for work (hence me being in NB last week...going to North Dakota next week), so didn't have time to do the work myself.

I've ordered a lot of car stuff over the years so I got burned that way when I first started tinkerin' with cars about a 'decade or so' ago. :icon_mrgreen:

Thanks I like the black too - I figured that there are so many early Libby's out there that I'd have no problem waiting for the colour I wanted.

cheers

Latest posts

Members online