Heh, has anybody had any luck with these?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeeper4life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run BDS springs on my YJ and love them, they are flexy as heck even right out of the box.

My springs on the KJ are getting to be very sagy, I noticed BDS makes a kit for the KJ and I also know most on here are big into the OME and what not. Should I still go with OME or are the BDS springs still nice? The only thing I noticed about the kit they sell is that you only get shocks for the rear...won't the front need replaced also?

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BDS makes good springs for a YJ ,had the 3.5"ers on my '94
and could fit 35's
that is about it
I know that the TJ springs are not that great
also keep in mind that your KJ out weighs your YJ by nearly 1000#'s
so proper springs are important

I run Skyjacker springs on my TJ ,pre-soft ride version
and I like them but they are crap for the YJ and the new version of their coils is junk also
I will be running the 4" OME coils on my TJ when the time is right
so yeah I like the OME coils best but it depends on what you like
I am a do it once kind of guy ,at least on my DD

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You are correct you will still need front shocks to complete the kit, which brings you right back to about the same amount as doing OME springs etc.
BUT, their (BDS) front coils are rated at about 425-430 lbs where as the OME HD 927s are 400 lb, rears are about the same.
Now I had heard one person say theirs sagged pretty quick but more or less here say. I do know OMEs will go over 100,000 if that matter to you
all depends on what you want or want to try.

h0use34

Reaction score
I have the BDS lift kit on my KJ. It is great. Definatley need new front shocks to go with it. You can't beat the no hassle lifetime warranty on the BDS parts though.