heater blower motor or resistor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron Burgundy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello all

I started the KJ this morning and it was a bit cold out so i put the heat on and there was very little coming out of the vents even on 4 so my question is will you alway get air blowing out on #4 if it is the resistor? i have had blower motors go on me before and I have always had warning signs (IE noisy fan or the motor slowing down then speeding back up) its an 04 with 56K on it:shrug:

ridenby

Gold Supporter
Reaction score
Could be the vent door? not working properly.Several posts/threads or this subject.

Ron Burgundy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks for the reply i will check that out. also is there a way to test the resistor to find out if that is the problem

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hello all

I started the KJ this morning and it was a bit cold out so i put the heat on and there was very little coming out of the vents even on 4 so my question is will you alway get air blowing out on #4 if it is the resistor? i have had blower motors go on me before and I have always had warning signs (IE noisy fan or the motor slowing down then speeding back up) its an 04 with 56K on it:shrug:

If it is the resistor that is kaput, you as a rule will always get the fan to work on the #4 setting. I have not seen anybody say that they did NOT at least have #4. Hope that helps.

Ron Burgundy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it does help but now i am back to step one i guess, the heater motor never made any noises at all, when i turn it on it does not make any noise and i checked the fuse and it is good, i guess i will have to brake and take it to the dealer