Heated Mirror Question?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sirthor1881

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I already have heated side mirrors installed on my 03 KJ Limited, but I just noticed something strange with them while coming home from work tonight. It looked as though my drivers's side mirror had tint on it, my front driver/pass. windows are not tinted either. The driver side was dark, but the pass. side wasn't. I turned on the rear def. to kick on my heated mirrors, and it eventually lightened up and was clear.

I am just curious if anyone else has experienced this before.

The mirror works fine, and it heats up too...I don't know what the hell was going on with it.

Thanks

Richard

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where are you located? Some libertys have a dimming drivers side mirror but I always thought it was an over seas thing.

mag03kj

Banned
Reaction score
nope my room mates 05 wk does that. you got a self dimming mirror

osufans

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sweet...i need one of those! where can i find that part #? i am wanting to do a heated mirror swap on my liberty, that would be awesome.

RageOfFury

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As far as I can tell, only a few early model KJs had auto-dimming exterior mirrors.

al7fi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 03 Limited has auto dim on the inside and driver-side outside mirrors. The switch is on the inside mirror at the bottom center. I leave mine off because I have factory tinted glass and when the inside mirror dims you can barely see out the back glass with the dim effect. I can only speak for the 03 however.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I have tinted windows also but I would still like to have that dimming side mirror. I typically keep my mirrors adjusted so I have to slightly lean my head over to see out of it so headlights are not always shining in my eyes. Works good.

m_volyrakis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As many people already know, most export kjs came prewired for a bunch of extra stuff. If yours is such a case, and you already have power mirrors, all you need to do is run a couple of wires from the rear view mirror to the driver's side mirror.

Now I could have sworn that I have a diagram somewhere..](*,)

jimymc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have an 03 Renegade and it is equipped with a driver's side auto-dimming mirror as well as the inside rear view mirror. Both of the outside mirrors are heated. This really helps when some jerk comes up behind you with his brights on.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well Im pretty jealous now. Must of been an 03 thing, my 04 sure doesnt have that. Wonder if its already wired for it?

Someone go check!

Latest posts

Members online