Headliner Center Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarkJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am sure you can. The only thing above the headliner are those plastic tabs which are 3/8" thick and could be ground thinner if needed.

MarkJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2005 manual
The only difference from what I saw is I mis-took their LB (light blue) for green

Attachments

• rearlamps.jpg
    rearlamps.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 14

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
shouldn't be too bad of an install.
unfortunately AZ doesn't have a lot of liberties or any in junk yards.

Also I compared the wiring diagrams for the interior lights of 2003 to 2005. They both look the same and both had dome light, cargo lamp, and map lamp.
Scratching my head again. :shrug:

Last edited:

MarkJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the base model only had one light. See at the top under the heading on the wire diagram I posted?

Last edited:

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I had to go look to be sure, but on my 2007 there is one light in the back and it is directly over the rear seats. I wouldn't mind adding one all the way in the back over the cargo bay.

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going the cheap route illustrated in Pic #1 and just write the word "LIGHT" on the headliner...none of those pesky wires to deal with...

John3seventeen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a thread somewhere? On installing the front set of lights over the rear seat once an evic and lights are added to the front. I may try it one day if I can find it.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
There is a thread somewhere? On installing the front set of lights over the rear seat once an evic and lights are added to the front. I may try it one day if I can find it.

Chris had installed one in his a long time ago, not sure if he did an install thread or not.
I mean its not rocket science, make a pattern, cut hole, run wire , smile when done . I have two of the lights in my stock pile just never took the time to install them . Actually think a couple of LEDs on either side would help more than an over head in the center

CactusJacked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to go look to be sure, but on my 2007 there is one light in the back and it is directly over the rear seats. I wouldn't mind adding one all the way in the back over the cargo bay.

I have an idea of what you're thinking of doing, but that may cut down on some of your head room!

You must be registered for see images

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will try to get this thread back on track from the closet disco lovers... :happy175:

I bought a dome light from a Dodge Ram 1500 pickup - stole the idea from one of the threads linked here earlier for putting a dome light over the rear seats. Only reason I haven't done it is because like USS2Defiant I have a sunroof and haven't figured out exactly how far the glass retracts into the headliner. When I get the time to figure that out I'll probably run the wiring to the back cargo light.

As far as cutting the headliner... When I installed my EVIC I used a fresh, sharp blade in a utility knife and cut right through the headliner material like a hot knife through butter.

The more I think about this though the more I like Tom's idea - a couple of LED's above the rear doors would probably provide better light. What to do, what TO do? :mexsmoke:

Bob

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bob: Mark has a sunroof too and his passenger dome light was right behind the raised area for the sunroof.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bob: Mark has a sunroof too and his passenger dome light was right behind the raised area for the sunroof.

I saw that - but doesn't that seem too far back to give decent light over the rear seats? The darkest area of the cabin is the rear seat not the cargo area - seems like that headliner location would be a little too far back. Frustrating...

The KJ's interior lighting *****, doesn't it?

Bob

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah. my thoughts exactly.
I think LibertyTC has LEDs on the passenger side pillars. Might go for that.