has my timing belt been replaced?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

netcott

Reaction score
I just bought a 2005 crd with 130,000 miles on it. The dealer could not find any records as to if the timing belt had been changed. I looked under the cover and I can see that it is a goodyear belt that looks pretty new. I am guessing that it has been changed but I wanted to make sure that they did not come from the factory with a goodyear belt. Does anyone know the brand of the originals?

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought a 2005 crd with 130,000 miles on it. The dealer could not find any records as to if the timing belt had been changed. I looked under the cover and I can see that it is a goodyear belt that looks pretty new. I am guessing that it has been changed but I wanted to make sure that they did not come from the factory with a goodyear belt. Does anyone know the brand of the originals?

According to Lost the original belt is a Goodyear.

netcott

Reaction score
So I wonder if it was the original belt if it would have a goodyear label or a mopar label. This one appears to be the same label as belts I have bought for other vehicles. So if the original is a goodyear does anyone know what the writing on the belt would say?

netcott

Reaction score
update

I finally found a picture of what appears to be an oem timing belt with 111,000 miles on it. It was a goodyear and the numbers appear to be something like, 674280sm1760. I also found a picture of a replacement goodyear belt and it has different numbers, G1518h220s8t280. When comparing my belt to the picture of the belt with 111,000 miles on it I would say mine has been changed becuase you can read all of the writing on mine and the used the one with 111,000 miles in barely legible. I will compare the numbers on the belt to confirm this.

Please let me know if anyone else has information on parts numbers on old vs new belts.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.