has anyone checked gas prices in the last 2 days?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
gobal warming and pollution and sheit isnt a scam. its reallt F'ed up the world. the whole gas mileage thing isnt as important as pollution. indiana has like 5.3 million people. we are the #1 polluter of freshwater in america. farm runoff from here alone has created 5 of the 9 mile dead zone in the gulf of mexico. air pollution isnt on my list anymore because everyones air quality ***** like a Dustbuster

Spamming? Not me, ive been on here for awhile now. I could accuse you of the same thing with this. dont tell me what to post.

offrovering

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you dont like oil prices go buy a hybrid.

if you like your jeep, then you have to pay to play. it *****, but there are some solutions to the oil problem, may not be what "we" want, but none the less they are solutions.

edit: there are plenty of cars/trucks worse than the jeep. I am thrilled it takes low grade, I have another ride that takes premium at 25 gallons a fillup - that hurts!

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
The Provincial and Federal Governments are thieves!

Good day,

Last night I went to the local convenience to grab some crap.
When I left I looked at the price of all the grades of gasoline:
85 octane: $1.21.9 per liter*
87 octane: $1.23.9 per liter
89 octane: $1.25.9 per liter
Diesel : $1.34 per liter**

1 Canadian gallon= 4.546 liters= $5.54 per gallon*
Diesel " " = $6.09**

1 U.S. gallon= 3.785= $4.61*
Diesel " = $5.07**

With the Currency exchange between Canada and the U.S. is still close to par, so the prices are pretty much equal right now.

We also complain about the fuel prices here, but what do you do... Realistically!

Get in, drive about 27 miles from where we live,fuel up and pay $.94.9!

Taking our Liberty for a fill it takes about 64 liters.
Buy gas down the street:$78.02
Buy gas 27 miles from us:$60.74
A savings of: $17.28

Do that twice a month and you have $34.56 I get to spend on the Jeep!

It's called British Columbia, most people from the other Provinces call it
"Bring Cash"

Reaction score
Spamming? Not me, ive been on here for awhile now. I could accuse you of the same thing with this. dont tell me what to post.

this is called reading the paper and watching the news. i dont say go vote for Barak Obama or go vote Hillary do i? im not advertising or pushing my views on anyone

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is called reading the paper and watching the news. i dont say go vote for Barak Obama or go vote Hillary do i? im not advertising or pushing my views on anyone

Fine. but Im just stating my opinion and there is nothing wrong with that. And i didnt post it 3 times. that is the first time ive ever mentioned anything about Ron Paul on here. he does relate to oil prices in his speeches. it is relevant. dont be offended.:)

and a side note...dont rely on the paper and tv news so much...dig deep on the net and i really think you will see my point.

but yeah gas prices are crap... my liberty is resting for now...sad huh?

Last edited:

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gas prices.......went to Boston today and regular unleaded was between $3.16 - $3.18 on the interstate (Mass Tpke). This was Gulf Gas Brand. Saw Sunoco in Boston for $3.15 at one station. That was all I noticed. Up here it was $3.29 for Gulf and $3.33 for Sunoco in town here.

I drove an 07 Impala with the 3.5 liter motor and got 28.1 average (per driver info center) mostly cruising at 70-75 except for Boston traffic. Not too bad for a full size car. 10% ethanol in the gas per the pumps. According to the tach, rpm's were right around 2,000 at those highway speeds.

The KJ is still sleeping in the garage for now.sad2.gif

Dave

Kevin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's another way to look at it:

I paid $3.37 per gallon last night.

The "Big Oil" producer took a 7% profit from that gallon, or $0.24 per gallon, X 15 gallons = $3.60

The Government took an average of $1.10 in taxes, X 15 gallons = $16.50

The Government will also tax the "big oil" producer 40% of their $3.60 profit, which is another $1.44 for the government.

The "big Oil" producer walks away with $2.16 in after tax profit.

So I'm out $50.55
Government made $17.94
"Greedy big oil" made $2.16

If "big oil" gave me all their after tax profit back, my tank full would still have cost me $48.39, or 3.23 per gallon.

So where is the REAL profit going? Not to "big oil" but to BIG GOVERNMENT!

If GWB has been bought off by "big oil", "big oil" got screwed!
As of January 2008, the combined gas tax (local, state and federal) for the USA averaged $0.47 per gallon. For the year ending 2007, ExxonMobil - for example - had a net profit margin of 10.04% and an earnings before tax margin of 17.42%.

So, based on your example:

$0.29 profit
$0.68 taxes
$2.39 overhead

This still isn't completely right because the station markup plus transportation fees would drive down the true cost. Although I guess we can assume its a corporate owned station. :)

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is the first time ive ever mentioned anything about Ron Paul on here. he does relate to oil prices in his speeches. it is relevant. dont be offended.:)
To bad you where about 2 months to late since he has no chance in h$ll of becoming president.

Gas still $2.99 here,though I have to pay $3.29 for premuim.Deisel is $3.79.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure Diesel went over $4 around here. I bet those Diesel trucks would be easy to buy right now!

***** for Jeep since they are pushing diesels. You end up breaking even if not worse now. :(

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
***** for Jeep since they are pushing diesels. You end up breaking even if not worse now. :(
Well I bet that's about right. However sadly I wouldn't know.

... or would I?

Anyway :p, remember, diesel drops under gas in the summertime.

and to add to the discussion... to make some more sense out of this: See

http://www.bloomberg.com/energy for energy prices.

As of the time I wrote this post: Wholesale Gasoline (before taxes, fees, etc) is $2.6894/gal.